Chuck Freitag joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 1992 as an Adjunct Instructor. He became a Senior Professional Instructor at Carey in 2006, and has been teaching accounting and managerial finance. He is Chief Financial Officer of Data Trace Publishing Company and related subsidiaries. He is a graduate of Lehigh University and a CPA and has his MBA in finance. Mr. Freitag’s background began at Ernst & Young in both audit and tax for seven years. He left E&Y to be Vice President of Finance at Electronic Modules Corporation (EMC) which provided process control systems to a variety of industries. Mr. Freitag was involved in several mergers and acquisitions and the ultimate successful sale of EMC to Texas Instruments. Mr. Freitag has also provided consulting services for numerous start-up companies and their successful exit strategies. As CFO for Data Trace in addition to his financial responsibilities, Mr. Freitag created a subsidiary that has grown to comprise 25% of the Data Trace family of companies.
- MBA, Finance, Loyola College
- BS, Accounting, Lehigh University
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
Honors and distinctions
- Member of the Board of Directors and Treasurer of unCuffed Ministries
- Financial Consultant for Habitat for Humanity - Sandtown
- Member of the Board of Directors for Cornerstone Presbyterian Church