Melanie Demirtas, PhD joined Carey Business School in 2022 as an Assistant Professor of Accounting in the Practice Track. After working as a specialist in risk management in banking, she earned her PhD in Accounting from the Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
She previously taught financial accounting at Georgetown's Mcdonough School of Business in the undergraduate and graduate program.
She enjoys helping students understand the importance and relevance of financial accounting and the different areas it encompasses.
- PhD, Accounting, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- MSc, Finance, Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- BA with Honors, Banking, Berufsakademie Rhein-Main
Roee Sarel & Melanie Demirtas, Delegation in a Multi-Tier Court System: Are Remands in the U.S. Federal Courts Driven by Moral Hazard? 68, European Journal of Political Economy, Article 101999 (2021).
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Accounting for Decision Making in Health Care
Impact and engagement
Specialist in Risk Management from 2008-2014 at Commerzbank Ag, Frankfurt Germany with expertise in regulatory issues, financial reporting, credit fraud prevention and liquidity risk