Jeff Hooke is a broad-based finance and investment executive with global experience throughout the U.S., Europe and the emerging markets of Latin America and Asia. He was a Managing Director of Focus Securities, an M&A-oriented boutique investment bank, prior to joining Carey. Earlier, Hooke focused on emerging market investment and private equity. He was a director at the Emerging Markets Partnership, a $5 billion private equity group. Earlier, he was a Principal Investment Officer of the International Finance Corporation, the $30 billion private sector division of the World Bank.
His New York investment banking career covered two major firms: Lehman Brothers and Schroder Wertheim. He began his career as an investment officer in the private placement department of Metropolitan Life Insurance. Mr. Hooke has an MBA from the Wharton School and a BS degree (cum laude) from the University of Pennsylvania. He is the author of four books and many publications.
- MBA, Finance, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
- BS, Economics, University of Pennsylvania
- Hooke, J. (2019). Comparing Fossil Free Equity Portfolio Performance to a Conventional Stock Market Index. Journal of Investing. (Pending). (With Ken Yook)
- Hooke, J. (2019). Alternative Asset Fees, Returns and Volatility: A Case Study of New Jersey State Pension Fund. Journal of Alternative Investments. (Pending). (With Ken Yook)
- Hooke, J. (2018). Top Foundations 10-Year Plunge Into Alternatives Yields Mixed Results and High fees. Non Profit Management & Leadership. (With Ken Yook)
- Hooke, J. (2018). The Grand Experiment: The State and Municipal Pension Fund Diversification Into Alternative Assets. Pension Risk Management, Journal of Investing. (With Ken Yook)
- Hooke, J. (2017). The Curious Year-to Year Performance of Buyout Fund Returns: Another Mark-to Market Problem?. Journal of Private Equity. (With Ken Yook)
- Hooke, J. (2014). An Analysis of Returns of Moderately Aged Buyout Funds with Low Residual Value. Journal of Alternative Investments. (With Ken Yook)
- Hooke, J. (2016). The Relative Performance of Large Buyout Fund Groups. Journal of Private Equity, 4th Quarter. (With Ken Yook)
- Hooke, J. (2014). Replicating Buyout Funds Through Indexing. Journal of Indexing. (With Ted Barnhill)
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Project Finance and Public-Private Infrastructure Delivery