Inside Look Into MS in Information Systems
An MS in Information Systems degree provides graduates with the tools and knowledge to:
- Use information technology to improve decision making and increase organizational effectiveness.
- Manage complex business and information system challenges.
- Leverage technology to gain a strategic advantage.
The Carey Business School MSIS program qualifies as a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) program. Contact a Carey Admissions representative to find out more about what this means for you.
The Master of Science in Information Systems offers an innovative curriculum, led by Johns Hopkins Carey Business School’s world-class faculty. Courses for the MS in Information systems are taught in Washington, D.C.
Beginning in fall 2017, the part-time MS in Information Systems will also be available in an online format. Students applying for the online part-time program should review the technology requirements for online students.
The curriculum for this 36-credit program includes the following courses. Course sequence and availability of specific electives may vary. Consult with an academic adviser to ensure you take courses in the approved sequence.
Business Foundations (12 credits)
- Business Communication
- Business Leadership and Human Values
- Information Systems
- Statistical Analysis
- Decision Models
- Operations Management
Functional Core (12 credits)
- Developing Internet Systems and Services
- Managing Complex Projects
- IT and Global Sourcing Strategy
- Telecom Clouds and Mobile Applications
- Data Analytics
- Applied IS Architecture
Information Systems Electives (12 credits)
- Competitive Intelligence
- Digital Data and Business Intelligence
- Optimization Models
- Crisis Management
- Legal Foundations of Health Care
- Entrepreneurial Ventures
- Health Care Delivery
- Global Supply Chain Management
Students who complete this program between May 2017 and August 2017 are eligible to continue their studies in a complementary new area with Carey's Second Degree Option. More information is available on the Second Degree Option page.
For Academic Year 2016-2017
|Tuition||Application FEE||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
|Full-Time||$64,000 (for entire 12-month program)||$100||$500||$0||$0|
|Part-Time||$1,290 per credit||$100||$250||$0||$0|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for computer and information systems managers is expected to increase 15% by 2022. Our graduates of the MS in Information Systems have gone on to make an impact at companies including:
- Amazon Web Services
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- JPMorgan Chase
Our MS in Information Systems alumni are vice presidents, chief information officers, and founders of start-ups.
#Of Students: 40
Avg GMAT: 661
Countries Represented: 8