Inside Look Into MS in Information Systems
An MS in Information Systems degree provides graduates with the tools and knowledge to:
- Use information technology to improve decision making and increase organizational effectiveness.
- Manage complex business and information system challenges.
- Leverage technology to gain a strategic advantage.
The Carey Business School MSIS program qualifies as a STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) program. Contact a Carey Admissions representative to find out more about what this means for you.
The Master of Science in Information Systems offers an innovative curriculum, led by Johns Hopkins Carey Business School’s world-class faculty. Courses for the MS in Information Systems are taught in Washington, D.C.
The curriculum for this 36-credit program includes the following courses. Course sequence and availability of specific electives may vary. Consult with an academic adviser to ensure you take courses in the approved sequence.
Descriptions for the following courses can be found by using the JHU Student Information System Course Search.
Business Foundations (12 credits)
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.350.620 Information Systems
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
- BU.520.601 Decision Models
- BU.680.620 Operations Management
Functional Core (12 credits)
- BU.300.700 Developing Internet Systems and Services
- BU.300.620 Managing Complex Projects
- BU.350.710 IT and Global Sourcing Strategy
- BU.330.705 Telecom Clouds and Mobile Applications
- BU.510.650 Data Analytics
- BU.330.790 Applied IS Architecture
Information Systems Electives (12 credits)
- BU.142.620 Leadership in Organizations
- BU.152.710 Entrepreneurial Ventures
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.360.701 Competitive Intelligence
- BU.330.730 Cybersecurity
- BU.330.780 Data Science and Business Intelligence
- BU.520.620 Optimization Models
- BU 610.625 Simulation and Strategic Options
- BU.610.705 Crisis Management
- BU.610.750 Global Supply Chain Management
- BU.883.701 Health Care Operations
- BU.883.702 Emerging Frontiers in Health Technologies and Strategies
Students who complete this program between May 2017 and August 2017 are eligible to continue their studies in a complementary new area with Carey's Second Degree Option. More information is available on the Second Degree Option page.
For Academic Year 2017-2018
|Tuition||Application FEE||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
|Full-Time||$66,500 (for entire 12-month program)||$100||$500||$0||$0|
|Part-Time||$1,330 per credit||$100||$250||$0||$0|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for computer and information systems managers is expected to increase 15% by 2022. Our graduates of the MS in Information Systems have gone on to make an impact at companies including:
- Amazon Web Services
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- JPMorgan Chase
Our MS in Information Systems alumni are vice presidents, chief information officers, and founders of start-ups.
#Of Students: 40
Avg GMAT: 661
Countries Represented: 8
A team of Carey Business School students competed in the national finals of the CFA Institute’s Research Challenge in Seattle in April. The trip culminated in the team’s advancing to the final round and placing in the top 10 in the Americas region.