As you prepare to attend Summer Intensive, the following links and documents provide additional information.
Articles concerning skills desired by employers
- Google's hiring attributes
- 2019 Skill-Building Guide
- Sample Schedule from 2019
- Advice from Summer Intensive Participants
- Transportation Options from the Airport to Baltimore, MD and Washington, D.C.
- Pre-departure Orientation Manual for Chinese Students
- What to Wear
- Housing Resources
- Off-Campus Housing Resources - Baltimore, Md.
- Off-Campus Housing Resources - Washington, D.C.
- Student Housing Resource Guide
- Map of Popular Baltimore Neighborhoods
- Map of Popular DC Neighborhoods
Questions about American Life?
- Follow Ask Us on YouTube for insights on everything from tipping and idioms to making new friends
- Learn more about Cultural Nuances via Edupass
What our students said about their Summer Intensive experience?
"This Summer Intensive Program makes me sure that choosing Carey is a correct choice."
"During the Summer Intensive Program, I have learned a lot about America, the cultural differences, the expected behaviors in class, the way to communicate with other people, and most importantly the realization of my own strengths and weaknesses in this country. I also [had] a good time here, and I hope the further study at Carey can be both joyful and educational like the Summer Intensive.”
"The Summer Intensive Program really helps [students] to adjust to this new environment. I have learned a lot from all the sessions and all the activities. In particular, I become more active in participating in classes and interacting with instructors. It is great to get familiar with Baltimore before the semesters begin. Surrounded by students from the same country, I find myself more comfortable to start to learn foreign language and culture. This program definitely prepares me to study with students from different cultures."