Inside Look Into MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure
The MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure program has been a leader in real estate education for more than 25 years. One of the few graduate real estate programs of its kind to be part of a business school, the MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure program will introduce you to multiple disciplines of the field, including:
- Construction and design
- Planning and sustainability
- Capital markets
- Real estate law
The curriculum will provide you with greater flexibility and experience in an increasingly competitive and diversified industry.
The 36-credit MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure is offered in a full-time format at the Carey Business School’s Washington, D.C. campus. Full-time students complete the program in a cohort with a group of peers following the same curriculum for most of their studies.
Descriptions for the following courses can be found by using the JHU Student Information System Course Search.
Business Foundations (8 credits)
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
Functional Core (18 credits)
- BU.241.620 Design and Construction Feasibility
- BU.230.640 Development Modeling and Risk Analysis
- BU.241.735 Infrastructure Development for Sustainable Cities
- BU.241.740 Project Finance & Public-Private Infrastructure Delivery
- BU.234.610 Real Estate and Infrastructure Finance
- BU.242.720 Real Estate Capital Market Analysis
- BU.241.610 Real Estate Investment and Development
- BU.132.615 Real Estate Legal Environment
- BU.242.601 Real Estate Market Feasibility Study
Elective Courses (8 credits)
Students choose 4 courses from the following:
- BU.241.750 Advanced Valuation and Investment Analysis
- BU.241.725 Global Perspectives in Real Estate
- BU.242.715 Real Estate and Infrastructure Valuation
- BU.152.725 Real Estate Entrepreneurship
- BU.242.710 Real Estate Funds and Portfolio Management
- BU.242.701 Real Estate Investment Trusts: Analysis and Structuring
- BU.241.760 Strategic Commercial Leasing
Capstone (2 credits)
- BU.245.790 Real Estate and Infrastructure
For Academic Year 2019-2020
|tuition||application fee||Matriculation fee||registration per semester||graduation fee|
*cost reflective of entire 12-month program
|tuition||application fee||matriculation fee||registration per semester||graduation fee|
|$1,410 per credit||$100||$250||$0||$0|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
Discover all you need to get started with your Carey application. Visit our How to Apply page to learn more about the process, requirements, and more.
- Official transcripts from all U.S. schools must be sent electronically. All U.S. transcripts must be from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Please visit your school’s website to request an official transcript and be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that transcripts are required from all schools where 15 or more transfer credits were earned. Final transcripts must show the degrees you have earned. An admission decision may be delayed if you do not send transcripts from all colleges/universities attended.
- If your school does not participate in an electronic transcript submission system, send official sealed transcripts to the address below:
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
Office of Admissions
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
- Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- 2 Essays
- One letter of recommendation
- GMAT/GRE scores - requirement varies by program.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for non-native English speakers. A waiver request form can be found on the online application.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 410-234-9220.
|Round 1||Round 2||round 3||round 4|
|Application Deadline||November 7, 2018||January 23, 2019||April 10, 2019||May 1, 2019|
|Carey Decision Date||December 11, 2018||March 12, 2019||May 7, 2019||May 16, 2019|
|Deposit Deadline||January 8, 2019||April 9, 2019||May 29, 2019||June 4, 2019|
Find more information about our program deadlines.
Our Career Development team is committed to providing opportunities for you to build professional skills and competencies that are essential for success in the career search.
Graduates of the MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure have gone on to start or advance their real estate careers as brokers, project managers, asset management advisers, analysts, planners, and others.
Graduates of the MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure program have gone on to make an impact at organizations including:
- Alex Brown Realty Inc.
- CB Richard Ellis
- Clark Construction Group
- Corporate Office Properties Trust
- Cushman & Wakefield
- Enterprise Community Partners
- Fannie Mae
- Freddie Mac
- Host Hotels and Resorts
- James G. Davis Construction
- Jones Lang LaSalle
- LaSalle Investment Management
- M&T Bank
- The Peterson Companies
- St. John Properties
The most recent MS in Real Estate and Infrastructure career data is available here.
#Of Students: 16
Avg GMAT: 614
Countries Represented: 3
For the first time in its history, the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School has received an endowment to create a named faculty chair, the R. Clayton Emory Chair in Real Estate and Infrastructure.