Persuasive techniques at your fingertips
In the business world, everything comes down to the ability to persuade. In order to succeed, your ideas and recommendations must be presented in the most effective way possible. Don't sell your ideas—or yourself—short.
Our Persuasive Communication course will teach you how to convince others to see things your way. Learn how to craft a compelling argument and make a strong case for your point of view. Collaborate with industry peers as you use persuasive techniques to develop a business proposal or product pitch. If you’re a professional who relies on your ability to influence and persuade others, this course is for you.
This course satisfies a requirement for the Executive Certificate in Business Communication.
Every course includes:
Who should attend
- Professionals who routinely pitch ideas, projects, and proposals
- Rising managers looking to advance their careers
- Individuals looking to master sales techniques
What you will learn
- Explore the science of persuasive communication
- Identify the needs and concerns of your target audience
- Create convincing argument using logical and emotional appeals
- Build stronger relationships with colleagues and clients
- Convert business pitches into business wins
Associate Professor, Carey Business School
Steven Cohen, PhD is a leading expert on persuasive communication and effective presentation skills. A two-time author, he’s been featured in The Financial Times, Slate, and the BBC Radio documentary, “Churchill’s Secret Cabinet,” among other media. He holds a PhD in Communication from the University of Maryland and a master's degree in public policy from Harvard University. Before joining Carey Business School, he held strategic roles at Bank of America and IBM Global Business Services.