As you prepare to attend Summer Intensive, the following links and documents may be of assistance.
Check back often, as additional information may become available.
- Articles concerning skills desired by employers
- 2017 Experiential Activities Skill Guide
- What to Wear
- Sample Schedule from 2017
- Transportation Options from the Airport to Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
- Pre-departure Orientation Manual for Chinese Students
- Advice from Summer Intensive Participants
- CDO Competency Guide
- Housing Resources
What our students said about their Summer Intensive experience:
- "During the Summer Intensive I have learned a lot about America, the cultural differences, the expected behaviors in class, the way to communicate with other people, and most importantly the realization of my own strengths and weaknesses in this country. I also have a good time here, and I hope the further study at Carey can be both joyful and educational like the Summer Intensive.”
"The Summer Intensive Program really helps to adjust to this new environment. I have learned a lot from all the sessions and all the activities. In particular, I become more active in participating in classes and interacting with instructors. It is great to get familiar with Baltimore before the semesters begin. Surrounded by students from the same country, I find myself more comfortable to start to learn foreign language and culture. This program definitely prepares me to study with students from different cultures."