As an Organization Development Consultant, Dr. DeSimone has worked with government agencies, profit and non-profit organizations, at the local, state, national and international levels. She has developed and implemented Succession Management and Mentoring Programs, Leadership Development, Management Development, and Supervisor Development Programs, Continuous Process Improvement Programs, Strategic Change Management initiatives, and Strategic Planning endeavors. She brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to a diverse client population.
As a faculty member, Dr. DeSimone has taught numerous courses at the Johns Hopkins University School of Education, including the Division of Public Safety Leadership. She has also taught at the Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School, the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
- Ph. D, Curriculum and Instruction/Applied Social and Behavioral Science, University of Maryland
- MA, Writing Seminars, Johns Hopkins University
- BA, Twentieth Century American Literature, University of Maryland
- DeSimone, J. and Bienkowski, M. C. (2019). Using Instructional Strategies in Higher Education to Guide Learning and Achieve Student Learning Expectations, Ireland International Conference on Education Proceedings, 2019.
- Orzolek-Kronner, C.A. and DeSimone, J. (2012) Seeing through the eyes of the blind. In Berzoff, J. (Ed.), Falling Through the Cracks: Psychodynamic Practice with Vulnerable, Oppressed and Marginalized Populations. New York: Columbia University Press.
- Harnett, C. and DeSimone, J. (2011). Managing the Return to the Workplace: Reservists Navigating the Stormy Seas of the Homeland. In Kelly, D., Barksdale, S., and Gitelson, D. (Eds.).Treating Young Veterans: Promoting Resilience through Practice and Advocacy. New York: Springer Publishing Company LLC.
- Leadership in Health Professions Education Programs I
- Business Communication
- Academic Research Writing
Impact and engagement
- Docent, Homewood House Museum, Johns Hopkins University. (2010-Present).
- Certified 500 hour Yoga Alliance Teacher completing Training in May, 2018.
- Certificate on Aging from the Johns Hopkins University Odyssey Program, May 2017.
- Certificate in Mindfulness for Educators, Harvard University School of Education, November, 2016. Currently Teach both Mat and Chair Yoga, and Mindfulness at multiple Senior Centers and Organizations.
- Certificate in Environmental Studies, Odyssey Program, Johns Hopkins University, 2008. Current Trail Guide at, Marshy Point Nature Center and Cromwell Valley Park
- Completed 8 Project Management Courses of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Body of Knowledge. Completion of these 8 courses satisfies the educational hours required by PMI for a certification examination.
- International Corporate Protocol Consultant, Protocol School of Washington. (2000 -2012).