Tyler Yang is a visiting professor at the Carey Business School. He is the founder and CEO of IFE Group. Yang has more than 30 years of academic and industry experience in mortgage analytics, portfolio engineering, and real estate model development. He has been ranked among the top real estate researchers by the Journal of Real Estate Literature over the past two decades. Yang serves as an executive editor of International Real Estate Review and co-edited several other leading refereed real estate and finance journals. Previously, Yang was executive director of the Global Chinese Real Estate Congress and the Asian Real Estate Society. Yang also worked for Freddie Mac, PricewaterhouseCoopers, Fannie Mae, and has served as the independent actuary of the FHA mutual mortgage insurance fund for more than a decade. He received his PhD with a major in Finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Yang has taught Real Estate Capital Market Analysis at Carey.
Honors and distinctions
- Marquis Who's Who in America. (2008).
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Homer Hoyt Advanced Studies Institute. (2003).
- Breakthrough Gold Award, Freddie Mac. (2001).
- Critical Talent Award, Freddie Mac. (2000).
- Best Manuscript Award in Real Estate Finance, American Real Estate Society, “Rationales of Mortgage Insurance Premium Structures." (1997).
- The Relevance of Interest Rate Processes in Pricing Mortgage-Backed Securities, Research Grant, Federal National Mortgage Association. (1994).
- The American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association/Homer Hoyt Advanced Studies Institute Annual Doctor Dissertation Award. (1992).
- Investors in Business Education Doctoral Fellowship, University of Illinois. (1991).
- Kenneth J. Carey Memorial Fellowship, University of Illinois. (1991).
- Participated in the Financial Management Association Invitational Doctoral Student Seminar. (1990).
- Phi Kappa Phi. (1990).