Shrikant S. Panwalkar, PhD (Industrial Engineering, University of Oklahoma) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in January 2011 after a long career in academics / consulting. He is an Associate Professor in the practice track with expertise in the areas of operations research and scheduling.
- Ph. D, Industrial Engineering, University of Oklahoma
- MS, Industrial Engineering, University of Oklahoma
- BS, Electrical Engineering, Bombay University
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, Bombay University
- "Scheduling Research and the First Decade of NRLQ – A Historical Perspective”, Naval Research Logistics”, to appear, 2015, (SS Panwalkar and Christos Koulamas).
- "A note on the complexity of scheduling problems with linear job deterioration." Journal of Global Optimization 62, 409-410, 2015, (Christos Koulamas and SS Panwalkar).
- "The two-machine no-wait general and proportionate open shop makespan problem." European Journal of Operational Research 238.2, 471-475, 2014, (SS Panwalkar and Christos Koulamas).
- "Review of the ordered and proportionate flow shop scheduling research." Naval Research Logistics, 60.1 46-55, 2013, (SS Panwalkar, ML Smith and Christos Koulamas).
- "Single operation earliness-tardiness scheduling with machine activation costs,” IIE Transactions. 34, 509-513, 2002, (SS Panwalkar and SD Liman).
- “The Lessons of Flow Shop Scheduling Research”, Operations Research, 40, 7-13, 1992 (RA Dudek , ML Smith and SS Panwalkar).
- “Common Due-Date Assignment to Minimize Total Penalty for the One Machine Scheduling Problem,” Operations Research, 30, 391-399, 1982 (SS Panwalkar, ML Smith and A. Seidmann).
- “A Survey of Scheduling Rules,” Operations Research, 25, 45-61, 1977. (SS Panwalkar and W. Iskander).
- Business Analytics
- Statistical Analysis
Honors and distinctions
- Associate Editor – OPSEARCH 1983-97.