Richard Parli joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2010 as a Senior Professional Instructor. He primairly teaches in the area of Real Estate. Mr. Parli holds an MBA from the Pennsylvania State University, and has been Field Appraiser and President of Parli Appraisal since 1975.
Honors and distinctions
- Armstrong/Kahn Award – Awarded by the Appraisal Journal for “most outstanding original article” 2005 (with co-author David C. Lennhoff), “A Higher and Better Definition”
- Armstrong/Kahn Award – Awarded by the Appraisal Journal for “most outstanding original article” 2006, “Disassembling Assemblage”
- James H. Pritchett Award – Awarded by the Appraisal Institute for “significant contributions to appraisal education”, 2012.
- “What’s Financial Feasibility Got To Do With It?” Appraisal Journal, October 2001
- “Risk and Reasonableness for Nonmarket Occupancy” Appraisal Journal, April 2003 (W/ Jeffrey D. Fisher, PhD)
- “A Higher and Better Definition” Appraisal Journal, Winter 2004 (W/ David C. Lennhoff, MAI, SRA)
- “A Higher and Better Definition” Right of Way Magazine, November/December 2004 (W/ David C. Lennhoff, MAI, SRA)
- “Disassembling Assemblage” Appraisal Journal, Summer 2005
- “The Education of a Profession” Appraisal Journal, Fall 2007
- “Apartment Market Analysis” Appraisal Journal, Winter 2008
- “Risk and Reasonableness for Nonmarket Occupancy, A Second Look During A Recession” Appraisal Journal, Winter 2010 (W/ Jeffrey D. Fisher, PhD)
- “Market Value Considerations” Right of Way Magazine, September/October 2012
- "Revisiting the Derivation of an Equilibrium Vacancy Rate" Journal of Real Estate Portfolio Management, Vol. 20, Issue 3, Fall 2014 (W/ Norman G. Miller, PhD)
- The Valuation of Apartment Properties, Appraisal Institute, 2007 (W/ Arlen C. Mills, MAI & Anthony Reynolds, MAI)