Magdalena Barreiro joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2012 as a visiting professor. She is also a senior professor of Finance at the Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ). Previously, she served as the minister of Economy and Finance for the government of Ecuador and as director of the Financial Sector at the Central Bank. Barreiro received her PhD in Management Science from IIT’s Stuart School of Business and her Master of Science from MIT's Sloan School of Management. Courses taught at Carey include Global Immersion Ecuador, The Firm and the Macro-economy, Economics for Decision Making, Corporate Finance, Derivatives, and Investments.
- Ph. D, Management Science, Stuart School of Business - Illinois Institute of Technology
- MS, Management, Sloan School of Business - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- BA, Business Management, Escuela Politecnica del Ejercito
Honors and distinctions
- Best Teacher of the Year, Universidad San Francisco de Quito (2011)
- Best Teacher of the Year, Universidad San Francisco de Quito (2010)
- National Recognition Medal, Government of Ecuador (April 15, 2006)