Chester Chambers, PhD holds an MBA from Darden Graduate School of Business at the University of Virginia, and a PhD from Duke University. In addition to teaching in the areas of Business Analytics, Operations Management, and Healthcare Operations, he serves as the Academic Program Director for Business Analytics and Risk Management programs. In addition, he is involved in online education through both Carey and Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- PhD, Operations Management, Duke University
- MBA, University of Virginia
- BS, Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Hanna, M. N., Chambers, C., Punyala, A., Iqbal, A., Singh, B., Oruc, C., ... & Speed, T. J. (2019). A model for an institutional response to the opioid crisis. Journal of opioid management, 16(1), 73-83.
- Chambers, C., & Williams, K. (2017). Case Article—Miller Pain Treatment Center—Eastern Hospital Outpatient Center. INFORMS Transactions on Education, 17(3), 116-120.
- Williams, K. A., Chambers, C. G., Dada, M., Hough, D., Aron, R., & Ulatowski, J. A. (2012). Using Process Analysis to Assess the Impact of Medical Education on the Delivery of Pain ServicesA Natural Experiment. Anesthesiology: The Journal of the American Society of Anesthesiologists, 116(4), 931-939.
- Chambers, C. G., Snir, E. M., & Ata, A. (2009). The use of flexible manufacturing capacity in pharmaceutical product introductions. Decision Sciences, 40(2), 243-268.
- Chambers, C., Dada, M., Fernández, M. G., & Williams, K. (2018, November). Managing Clinical Appointments in an Academic Medical Center. In INFORMS International Conference on Service Science (pp. 277-286). Springer, Cham.
- Chambers, C., Kouvelis, P., & Semple, J. (2006). Quality-based competition, profitability, and variable costs. Management Science, 52(12), 1884-1895.
- Operations Management
- Immersion in Health Care Process Improvement
- Retail Analytics
- Fundamentals of Health Care Processes
- Data Analytics
- Simulation and Strategic Options
- Analysis of Health Care Processes
Honors and distinctions
- Dean's Award for Faculty Excellence 2017, 2018, 2019
Senior Editor Production and Operations Management
Impact and engagement
- Associate Faculty - Armstrong Institute on Patient Safety and Quality
- Associate Professor - Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Co-Director Medical Operations Research Core - ACCM