Tinglong Dai, PhD (Industrial Administration, Carnegie Mellon University), joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2013. He is an Associate Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of healthcare analytics, marketing/operations interfaces, and artificial intelligence.
- Dean's Award for Faculty Excellence, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Black & Decker Competitive Research Grant, 2018
- Management Science Distinguished Service Award, 2018
- Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (M&SOM) Meritorious Service Award, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Production and Operations Management Best Reviewer Award, 2018
- INFORMS Public Sector Operations Research Best Paper Award, 2017
- The Inaugural Johns Hopkins Discovery Award, 2015
- POMS College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Award, Runner-up, 2016
- POMS College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Competition, Winner, 2012
- INFORMS William Pierskalla Award for the Best Paper in Healthcare, Runner-up, 2012
- Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award, Finalist, 2014
- POMS College of Supply Chain Management Best Student Paper Competition, Honorable Mention, 2013
- INFORMS Case Competition, 2nd Prize, 2012
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2019. Salesforce Contracting under Uncertain Demand and Supply: Double Moral Hazard and Optimality of Smooth Contracts. Marketing Science. Forthcoming.
- Tinglong Dai, Sridhar Tayur. 2019. Healthcare Operations Management: A Snapshot of Emerging Research. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Xuchuan Yuan, Tinglong Dai, Lucy G. Chen, Srinagesh Gavirneni. 2019. Co-opetition in Service Clusters with Waiting-Area Entertainment. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Tinglong Dai, Ronghuo Zheng, Katia Sycara. 2018. Jumping the Line, Charitably: Analysis and Remedy of Donor-Priority Rule. Management Science. Forthcoming.
- Ying-Ju Chen, Tinglong Dai, C. Gizem Korpeoglu, Ersin Korpeoglu, Ozge Sahin, Christopher S. Tang, Shihong Xiao. 2018. Innovative Online Platforms: Research Opportunities. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Tinglong Dai, Mustafa Akan, Sridhar Tayur. 2017. Imaging Room and Beyond: The Underlying Economics behind Physicians’ Test-Ordering Behavior in Outpatient Services. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. 19(1) 99 - 113.
- Tinglong Dai, Soo-Haeng Cho, Fuqiang Zhang. 2016. Contracting for On-Time Delivery in the U.S. Influenza Vaccine Supply Chain. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 18(3) 332-346.
- Ronghuo Zheng, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara, Nilanjan Chakraborty. 2016. Automated Multilateral Negotiation on Multiple Issues with Private Information. INFORMS Journal on Computing 28(4) 612 - 628.
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2016. Impact of Inventory on Quota-Bonus Contracts With Rent Sharing. Operations Research 64(1) 94–98
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2013. Salesforce Compensation with Inventory Considerations. Management Science 59(11) 2490–2501.
Tinglong Dai and Sridhar Tayur (Editors). Handbook of Healthcare Analytics: Theoretical Minimum for Conducting 21st Century Research on Healthcare Operations. John Wiley & Sons. September 2018. ISBN: 978-1-119-30094-6.
Selected Book Chapters
- Tinglong Dai. 2018. Game Theory and Information Economics. In Handbook of Healthcare Analytics: Theoretical Minimum for Conducting 21st Century Research on Healthcare Operations. T. Dai and S. Tayur (Eds). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 337- 354.
- Tinglong Dai, Sridhar Tayur. 2017. The Evolutionary Trends of POM Research in Manufacturing. In Routledge Companion to Production and Operations Management. M. Starr and S. Gupta (Eds). London, U.K.: Routledge, 647–662.
- Nazli Turan, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara, Laurie Weingart. 2013. Toward a Unified Negotiation Framework: Leveraging Strengths in Behavioral and Computational Communities. In Models for Inter-Cultural Collaboration and Negotiation. M. Gelfand and K. Sycara (Eds). New York, NY: Springer, 53–66.
- Katia Sycara, Tinglong Dai. 2010. Agent Reasoning in Negotiation. In Handbook of Group Decision and Negotiation. M. Kilgour and C. Eden (Eds.). New York, NY: Springer, 437–451.
- Tinglong Dai, Xiaofang Wang, Chao-Wei Hwang (MD). Clinical Ambiguity and Conflicts of Interest in Interventional Cardiology Decision-Making.
- Tinglong Dai, Rongzhu Ke, Christopher T. Ryan. Incentive Design for Operations-Marketing Multitasking.
- Tinglong Dai, Shubhranshu Singh. Conspicuous by Its Absence: Diagnostic Expert Testing under Uncertainty.
- Yifu Li, Tinglong Dai, Xiangtong Qi. Service Design under Acclimation and Non-homogeneous Memory Decay.