Tinglong Dai, PhD (Industrial Administration, Carnegie Mellon University), joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2013. He is an Associate Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of healthcare analytics, marketing/operations interfaces, and artificial intelligence.
- Management Science Distinguished Service Award, 2018
- Dean's Award for Faculty Excellence, 2016, 2017, 2018
- INFORMS Public Sector Operations Research Best Paper Award, 2017
- Johns Hopkins Discovery Award, 2015 (through 2017)
- Manufacturing & Service Operations Management (M&SOM) Meritorious Service Award, 2016, 2017
- 2016 POMS College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Award (Runner-up)
- First Place Winner, 2012 POMS (Production and Operations Management Society) College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Competition
- 2012 INFORMS William Pierskalla Runner Up Award for the Best Paper in Healthcare
- Finalist, 2014 Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award
- Honorable Mention, 2013 Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) College of Supply Chain Management Best Student Paper Competition
- Second Place Winner, 2012 INFORMS Case and Teaching Materials Competition
- William Larimer Mellon Fund Doctoral Fellowship, Tepper School of Business, 2007–2013
- National Science Foundation ICRA Grassroots Fellow, 2011
- HKUST Postgraduate Studentship, 2004–2006
- Tinglong Dai, Sridhar Tayur. 2018. Healthcare Operations Management: A Snapshot of Emerging Research. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Tinglong Dai, Ronghuo Zheng, Katia Sycara. 2018. Jumping the Line, Charitably: Analysis and Remedy of Donor-Priority Rule. Management Science. Forthcoming.
- Ying-Ju Chen, Tinglong Dai, C. Gizem Korpeoglu, Ersin Korpeoglu, Ozge Sahin, Christopher S. Tang, Shihong Xiao. 2018. Innovative Online Platforms: Research Opportunities. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Tinglong Dai, Mustafa Akan, Sridhar Tayur. 2017. Imaging Room and Beyond: The Underlying Economics behind Physicians’ Test-Ordering Behavior in Outpatient Services. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. 19(1) 99 - 113.
- Tinglong Dai, Soo-Haeng Cho, Fuqiang Zhang. 2016. Contracting for On-Time Delivery in the U.S. Influenza Vaccine Supply Chain. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 18(3) 332-346.
- Ronghuo Zheng, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara, Nilanjan Chakraborty. 2016. Automated Multilateral Negotiation on Multiple Issues with Private Information. INFORMS Journal on Computing 28(4) 612 - 628.
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2016. Impact of Inventory on Quota-Bonus Contracts With Rent Sharing. Operations Research 64(1) 94–98
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2013. Salesforce Compensation with Inventory Considerations. Management Science 59(11) 2490–2501.
- Tinglong Dai. 2015. Incentives in U.S. Healthcare Operations. Decision Sciences (Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award) 46(2) 455–463.
- Tinglong Dai, Zhaolin Li, Daewon Sun. 2012. Equity-Based Incentives and Supply Chain Buy-Back Contracts. Decision Sciences 43(4) 661–686.
- Tinglong Dai, Xiangtong Qi. 2007. An Acquisition Policy for a Multi-Supplier System with a Finite Time Horizon. Computers & Operations Research 34(9) 2758–2773.
Tinglong Dai and Sridhar Tayur (Editors). Handbook of Healthcare Analytics: Theoretical Minimum for Conducting 21st Century Research on Healthcare Operations. John Wiley & Sons. September 2018. ISBN: 978-1-119-30094-6.
Selected Book Chapters
- Tinglong Dai. 2018. Game Theory and Information Economics. In Handbook of Healthcare Analytics: Theoretical Minimum for Conducting 21st Century Research on Healthcare Operations. T. Dai and S. Tayur (Eds). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, 337- 354.
- Tinglong Dai, Sridhar Tayur. 2017. The Evolutionary Trends of POM Research in Manufacturing. In Routledge Companion to Production and Operations Management. M. Starr and S. Gupta (Eds). London, U.K.: Routledge, 647–662.
- Nazli Turan, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara, Laurie Weingart. 2013. Toward a Unified Negotiation Framework: Leveraging Strengths in Behavioral and Computational Communities. In Models for Inter-Cultural Collaboration and Negotiation. M. Gelfand and K. Sycara (Eds). New York, NY: Springer, 53–66.
- Katia Sycara, Tinglong Dai. 2010. Agent Reasoning in Negotiation. In Handbook of Group Decision and Negotiation. M. Kilgour and C. Eden (Eds.). New York, NY: Springer, 437–451.
- Tinglong Dai, Xiaofang Wang, Chao-Wei Hwang (MD). Clinical Ambiguity and Conflicts of Interest in Interventional Cardiology Decision-Making.
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. Salesforce Contracting under Uncertain Demand and Supply.
- Xuchuan Yuan, Tinglong Dai, Lucy G. Chen, Srinagesh Gavirneni. Co-opetition in Service Clusters with Waiting-Area Entertainment.
- Tinglong Dai, Rongzhu Ke, Christopher T. Ryan. Incentive Design for Operations-Marketing Multitasking.
- Tinglong Dai, Shubhranshu Singh. Conspicuous by Its Absence: Diagnostic Expert Testing under Uncertainty.
- Yifu Li, Tinglong Dai, Xiangtong Qi. Service Design under Acclimation and Non-homogeneous Memory Decay.