Kevin Frick is the Vice Dean for Education at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School. Trained as a health economist, he received his PhD in Economics and Health Services Organization and Policy at the University of Michigan. Professor Frick has been with Johns Hopkins University since 1996, spending more than 16 years at the Bloomberg School of Public Health before becoming Vice Dean for Education at the Carey Business School in April 2013. His research focuses on cost-effectiveness analysis in fields ranging from ophthalmology to nursing to cancer care. He has published more than 180 peer reviewed journal articles, of which he is principal author on more than 60.
- APHA Vision Care Section Distinguished Service (2011)
- Excellence in Teaching (Summer 2011), Obesity Economics, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Penn State Schreyer Honors College (2009) Outstanding Scholar Alumnus
- John M. Eisenberg Article-of-the-Year in Health Services Research, (2006). Co-author on “The causes of racial and ethnic differences in influenza vaccination rates among elderly Medicare beneficiaries”. Health Services Research. 2005;40(2):517-38
- Atlantic Economic Journal Best Article award for Cross product subsidization in the health insurance market with managed care: a model and issues (2000)
- Dugas AF, Coleman S, Gaydos CA, Rothman RE, Frick KD. Cost utility of rapid PCR-based influenza testing for high risk emergency department cases. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2013; 62(1): 80-8.
- Trent M, Lehmann H, Butz A, Qian Q, Ellen JM, Frick KD. Clinician perspectives on management of adolescents with pelvic inflammatory disease using standardized patient scenarios. Sexually Transmitted Diseases. 2013; 40(6): 496-8.
- Frick KD, Pugh LA, Milligan RA. Cost and cost-related issues of promoting breastfeeding among low-income urban mothers. Journal of Obstetric, Gynecologic & Neonatal Nursing. 2012 Dec. Epub ahead of print.
- Frick KD. What the comprehensive economics of blindness and visual impairment can help us understand. Indian Journal of Ophthalmology. 2012; 60(6): 406-410.