Evgeny Kagan’s research examines operational questions in innovation, product development and entrepreneurship. These include incentive design and contracting in startup teams, product development as well as entrepreneurial market identification.
His research has been published in leading journals, such as Management Science, and he is a recipient of several research awards. Evgeny is also a co-author on a report commissioned by the Kauffman foundation studying entrepreneurial mentoring.
- Winner, Best paper competition in Innovation Management 2017, EBS Wiesbaden
- Finalist, POMS College of Product Innovation and Technology Management (PITM) best student paper competition 2017
- Rackham Pre-doctoral Fellowship 2017 - 2018 (Awarded for outstanding doctoral research)
- Finalist, INFORMS Behavioral Operations working paper competition 2016
- "Equity Contracting and Incentive Design in Startup Teams" with Stephen Leider & Bill Lovejoy. Management Science, forthcoming
- “Ideation–Execution Transition in Product Development: Experimental Analysis” with Stephen Leider & Bill Lovejoy. Management Science 2018 64(5) , 2238-2262
- “Entrepreneurial Market Research: When Hypotheses Outnumber Samples” with Stephen Leider & Bill Lovejoy.
- “Collaborative Time Forecasting in New Product Development” with Janne Kettunen