Learn to Analyze the Bottomline
Virtually all areas of a company, and by definition all employees, are either involved in or impacted by a firm’s budgeting process. The execution of this essential discipline demands an understanding of and participation in all facets of an organization.
This course focuses on the development of an operating budget, along with how firms use multi-assessment tools to control business and managerial performance. Also explored is the “Balanced Scorecard,” a strategic performance measurement tool that includes four perspectives: Financial, Customer, Business Processes, and Learning & Growth.
- Professionals in marketing, sales, operations, logistics, development, or management interested in preparing operating budgets and measuring performance
- Rising managers who want to understand the relationships between different types of budgets
- Individuals at all career stages who want to improve their budgeting and performance measurement skills
- Develop and improve budgeting and performance measurement skills
- Gain a better understanding of the relationships among different types of budgets
- Discover different strategic approaches to the development of operating budgets
No active sessions.
Locations may vary. Please check the registration details and your email for location. Plan your visit.
JHU employees are eligible for 100% tuition remission. JHHS employees receive a 20% discount. For more information on discounts, registration, and cancellation policy, please visit our FAQ page.
Lasse Mertins, PhD
Associate Professor, Carey Business School
Lasse Mertins joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2014 as an Assistant Professor. As a Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Mertins has expertise in the areas of financial statement analysis, managerial accounting and performance assessments. His work appears in the Journal of Business Ethics, Advances in Management Accounting, Journal of Management Accounting Research, Journal of Corporate Accounting & Finance, and Issues in Accounting Education.