Persuasive techniques at your fingertips
In the business world, everything comes down to the ability to persuade. In order to succeed, your ideas and recommendations must be presented in the most effective way possible. Don't sell your ideas—or yourself—short.
Our Persuasive Communication course will teach you how to convince others to see things your way. Learn how to craft a compelling argument and make a strong case for your point of view. Collaborate with industry peers as you use persuasive techniques to develop a business proposal or product pitch. If you’re a professional who relies on your ability to influence and persuade others, this course is for you.
- Professionals who routinely pitch ideas, projects, and proposals
- Rising managers looking to advance their careers
- Individuals looking to master sales techniques
- Explore the science of persuasive communication
- Identify the needs and concerns of your target audience
- Create convincing arguements using logical and emotional appeals
- Build stronger relationships with colleagues and clients
- Convert business pitches into business wins
This course satisfies a requirement for the Executive Certificate in Business Communication.
All courses are held at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Harbor East Location. Plan your visit.
JHU employees are eligible for 100% tuition remission. JHHS employees receive a 20% discount. For more information on discounts, registration, and cancellation policy, please visit our FAQ page.
STEVEN D. COHEN, PhD
Associate Professor and Faculty Director for Business Communication, Carey Business School
Dr. Steven Cohen is a leading expert on persuasive communication and effective presentation skills. A two-time author, he’s been featured in The Financial Times, Slate, and the BBC Radio documentary, “Churchill’s Secret Cabinet,” among other media. He holds a Ph.D. in communication from the University of Maryland and a master's degree in public policy from Harvard University. Before joining Carey Business School, he held strategic roles at Bank of America and IBM Global Business Services.