The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School appreciates the service and unique sacrifices made by members of the armed forces.

The Veterans Support Team brings together resources to support students who are active duty service members, veterans, reservists, guards members, and family members in using their VA benefits. This includes not only benefits advising, but also helping to cultivate a college culture that is welcoming to service members. 



  1. Apply for VA benefits using the Veterans Online Application at or visit  for instructions.
  2. The VA will review your application. If eligible for education benefits, the VA will mail a Certificate of Eligibility Letter directly to you.
  3. Once you have accepted admission to Carey, send the School Certifying Official a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility or submit a "Post 9/11 GI Bill® Statement of Benefits" from the website while waiting on your Certificate of Eligibility. Students may simultaneously enroll in courses.
  4. Notify the School Certifying Official of course enrollment and submit copies of other required VA forms (i.e.: DD-214 -or– 22-1995).

Note: If you have used VA education benefits previously at another university, you must complete the VA 22-1995 Form (Change of Program or Place of Training) through .


Students are certified on a per semester basis (i.e., benefits do not automatically roll over from one semester to another). Students must request certification from their School Certifying Official before the beginning of each semester so that benefits will not be interrupted. Failure to submit a request will result in a presumption that benefits are not being sought for that term.

Note: Students utilizing VA education benefits must let their School Certifying Official know immediately of any change in their enrollment status or program that might affect the amount of their payment from the VA. If the student fails to do so, the VA will seek reimbursement from the student for any overpayment.