Employer treks provide students with opportunities to travel and engage with business leaders, learn about key industries, and meet Carey alumni. Students assist in planning each trek with support from the Carey Business School Career Development Office. Last year, over 230 students participated in 17 treks to local, domestic, and international employers. Two Trek Options for students are CDO Signature Treks and Student Organization Led Treks.
TREK VISIT STRUCTURE COULD INCLUDE:
- Facility Tours
- Host company presentations
- Functional expert panels
- Case question practice
- Meeting with executives
- Human Resources Q&A
types of treks:
- Student Organization Led Treks are initiated and planned by Student Organizations with support from CDO. Timing, location, and employers are determined by Student Organization Trek Leaders. To begin planning your student organization led trek, please read the Trek Guide below and email Carey.Careerdevelopment@jhu.edu.
- Signature Treks are initiated by the Career Development Office (CDO) and planned by CDO and a selected Trek Leader and take in January. Planned January 2019 Signature Treks include:
- Consulting - Baltimore/DC
- Entrepreneurship - San Francisco
- Finance - New York City
- Healthcare - Baltimore/DC
- Healthcare - New York City
- Marketing - New York City
- Social Impact - Baltimore/DC
- Social Impact - San Francisco
- Technology - San Francisco
Past examples of employer trek visits in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and China include Morgan Stanley, Bloomberg, Exelon, GE, Microsoft, Bank of America, Deloitte, Novartis, Accenture, A.T. Kearney, JD.com, L’Oréal, Holy Cross Hospital, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Facebook, Ideo, Autodesk.
Signature trek applications
- Trek Leader applications open on August 20th and close on September 10th at 9AM EDT.
- Trek Participant applications oopen on October 17th and close on October 24th at 9AM EDT.