Alumni Profile: Molly Joyce (GMBA)

Caitlin Magidson

Caitlin works with students and alumni in Washington DC as a transformational Career Coach. She provides guidance around self-exploration, job search strategy, and networking through individualized coaching and professional development courses.

Molly started her brand management career at RB in 2013. As Associate Brand Manager on Air Wick, she played a key role in supporting the development of the overall Air Care category strategy by driving growth and marketing executions for the US. Her marketing duties as Associate Brand Manager focused on brand growth and category strategies, in-market activations, brand plans, brand financial P&Ls, package design development, and long-term strategic planning. Molly recently took on a new role as Brand Manager, Healthcare Innovation – Europe & North America at RB.

Molly obtained a Global MBA from the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in May 2013; a B.A. in International Business from Bradley University in December 2010; and a B.A. in French from Bradley University in December 2010.

What advice would you give new graduates?
If you have landed your dream job, congrats, but now it’s time to dig in and get to work. You will inevitably be the low man on the totem pole, but don’t think for a second you can’t impact your greater business or that your efforts/actions go unnoticed. If you didn’t land your dream job, continue to pursue your passions and in the meantime find something that aligns well with the end goal. You’ll be amazed at the skills you can learn, and then offer, by just being in the same industry and different field or the reverse.

What is one thing students should do while in school to prepare for a job?
One of the best skills you should build while in school is how to learn on the fly. No matter how much you prepare, or even how much experience you have, new situations will arise for which you are unprepared. These “all hands on deck” times are when you lean on your colleagues (classmates now), throw all pre-conceived notions out the window and break down the situation to find a solve.

What is your favorite thing about your current job?
As a Carey alum, it shouldn’t be surprising that ownership is something that I enjoy, and at RB ownership is one of our key principles that we live and breathe throughout the business every day. As part of my job I have touch points across the Air Wick brand that impact in-market performance as well as strategically looking to the future.

What is the most influential experience you had at Carey?
I would argue the learnings I gleaned from my fellow classmates, and the journey we went through together, was the strongest and most influential experience during my time at Carey. The GMBA 2013 class was a diverse, intelligent (though rowdy), and strong opinionated group, and after 2 years I believe it’s fair to say we became a large family. I would never trade my time at Carey thanks to my friends, and of course Negotiations with Brian Gunia.

What three words would you use to define your time at Carey?
Challenging. Fun. Insightful.