Health care network
The health care industry is the largest employer in the U.S., with opportunities in hospitals, payers (insurance, for example), device and pharma, assisted living, hospice, Veterans Affairs, and more. The industry continues to grow, and each health care employer may have various employment opportunities including finance, direct patient care, innovation, marketing, and big data.
The health care network provides resources for students and alumni to better understand employment opportunities and create a powerful professional network. Most importantly, our goal is to help students and alumni clarify their career goals and create effective value propositions to best position themselves for career opportunities.
Meet your health care network career coaches
Vault Guides are available to current JHU students at no cost. To gain access, follow the steps below.
1. Create an account through the Vault Guide Portal.
- The above link will take you to the Vault log-in page where you can create a free account. Be sure that you see "Access to Vault.com is provided by Johns Hopkins University Library" in the top right corner of the webpage.
- If you have any questions or issues logging into Vault - Career Intelligence, email the Career Development Office at email@example.com.
2. Check out the following guides:
- Overview on the Life Science, Biotech and Pharmaceutics Industries
- Vault Career Guide to Health Care Management, 2nd Edition
- Vault Guide to Health Care Management Jobs, 2018
- Vault Guide to Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, Second Edition, 2nd Edition
- Developing Your Professional Brand in Healthcare
- Healthcare Industry Insights and Recruiting Timelines
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American College of Healthcare Executives - Chapters
– Maryland Association of Health Care Executives
- American Public Health Association
- Medical Group Management Association
- National Association of Healthcare Quality
- Society of Physician Entrepreneurs