Consulting is a diverse and dynamic field, requiring high levels of complex problem solving, mental agility, strategic planning, analysis, executive presence, poise, and exceptional communication skills. Consultants help clients assess, analyze, build, and grow sustainable business practices. Is consulting right for you? The Consulting Network is here to help you gain further insights into yourself and the industry to find your best fit.
Consulting opportunities can be internal, external, or contract-based. They exist across nearly all industries and functional areas, including management, strategy, health care, technology, finance, marketing, operations, risk and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions. Due to the breadth of the consulting field, students interested in the Consulting Network are encouraged to actively engage in additional Carey Business School networks, including Health Care, Technology and Innovation, Finance, Marketing, and Social Impact.
With a robust schedule of in-person and virtual events, and online communications and resources, members of the consulting network will:
- Gain exposure to diverse employers, alumni, and opportunities in the consulting industry
- Identify, build, and apply skills critical to success as a consultant—emphasizing experiential learning and hands-on application
- Prepare for rigorous consulting case and fit style interviews with the support of both the Career Development Office and external case readiness experts
- Actively pursue industry internship and full-time opportunities through community building/networking, recruitment events, and online applications
Take action. Due to an accelerated fall recruitment timeline, for both internship and full-time opportunities, students should sign-up for the Consulting Network in Handshake in order to access to our weekly newsletter, actively participate in network events hosted by the Career Development Office, and connect with a Consulting Network career coach to further discuss your engagement and search strategy.
Meet your consulting network career coaches
Vault Guides are available to current students at no cost. To gain access, follow the steps below.
1. Create an account through the Vault Guide Portal.
- The above link will take you to the Vault log-in page where you can create a free account. Be sure that you see "Access to Vault.com is provided by Johns Hopkins University Library" in the top right corner of the webpage.
- If you have any questions or issues logging into Vault - Career Intelligence, email the Career Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Explore the following guides
- Vault Career Guide to Consulting, 2nd Edition
- Vault Guide to Consulting Jobs, 2nd Edition
- Vault Guide to the Top 50 Management and Strategy Consulting Firms, 2019 Edition
- Vault Guide to the Case Interview, 8th Edition
- American Association of Political Consultants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Management Association
- Association for Talent Development
- American Staffing Association
- Association of Executive Search and Leadership Consultants
- Brand Consulting
- Internal Strategy & Consulting
- Management Consulting
- Sales and Marketing Consulting