Inside Look Into MS in Marketing
The MS in Marketing program will prepare you to excel in a digital, global, and start-up environment. In our program you will:
- Analyze primary and secondary data, build customer datasets, conduct advanced analytics
- Integrate digital platforms and social media into marketing and communication plans
- Manage brand audits, assess brand equity, and develop branding strategies
- Detect relevant trends and patterns that can improve marketing performance
- Identify appropriate use and design of qualitative and quantitative research methods to gain customer insights
- Explore competitive economics and strategic intelligence during the marketing planning process
- Assess market viability for innovative products and services
- Identify market entry and exit strategies for new and maturing products/services
- Integrate theories of consumer psychology to understand customer decision-making and behavior
The 36-credit MS in Marketing program is offered full-time at the Carey Business School’s Baltimore campus. The part-time program is available at both our Baltimore and Washington, D.C. campuses.
The curriculum includes the following courses, but course sequence and availability of specific electives may vary. Consult with an academic adviser to ensure you take courses in the approved sequence.
Descriptions for the following courses can be found by using the JHU Student Information System Course Search.
Business Foundations (12 credits)
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
Functional Core (6 credits)
- BU.420.710 Consumer Behavior
- BU.450.710 Marketing Strategy
- BU.410.601 Marketing Research
Marketing Electives (18 credits)
- BU.420.730 Advanced Behavioral Marketing
- BU.430.710 Branding and Marketing Communications
- BU.460.710 Business-to-Business Marketing
- BU.450.760 Customer Analytics
- BU.420.720 Customer Relationship Management
- BU.510.650 Data Analytics
- BU.520.601 Decision Models
- BU.450.630 Field Experiments: Innovation and Evidence for Business and Policy
- BU.460.700 Integrated Digital Marketing
- BU.460.730 New Product Development
- BU.430.720 Pricing Analysis
- BU.430.740 Sales Force and Channels of Distribution
- BU.450.765 Social Media Analytics
- BU.450.750 Strategic Market Intelligence
Students who complete this program between May 2018 and August 2018 are eligible to continue their studies in a complementary new area with Carey's Second Degree Option. More information is available on the Second Degree Option page.
For Academic Year 2017-2018
|Tuition||Application FEE||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
|Full-Time||$66,500 (for entire 12-month program)||$100||$500||$0||$0|
|Part-Time||$1,330 per credit||$100||$250||$0||$0|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
Our Career Development team is committed to providing opportunities for you to build professional skills and competencies that are essential for success in the career search.
Graduates of the MS in Marketing degree program have gone on to start or advance their careers across numerous industry sectors, including technology, manufacturing, media/entertainment, real estate, and health care. Employers have included:
- Cisco Systems
- General Motors
- Verizon Wireless
The most recent MS in Marketing career data is available here.
#Of Students: 150
Avg GMAT: 677
Countries Represented: 12
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School has added 15 research- and practice-track professors and lecturers to its full-time faculty for the start of the 2016-17 academic year, bringing the school’s total number of full-time faculty members to 88.