Inside Look Into MBA/MA in Communication
The Johns Hopkins MBA/MA in Communication helps students develop managerial acumen and expertise as communicators. Administered with the Johns Hopkins Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, the dual-degree program will prepare you to take a leadership role in a range of areas including public and media relations, advertising, crisis communication, risk communication, and organizational development.
Among its many strengths, the MBA/MA in Communications will educate you in the use of new media to transform old business practices. You’ll learn to build constructive relationships with media organizations and other clients, and to promote and protect your company’s brand.
MA in Communication Program Requirements
Courses are offered in Washington, D.C. and online. Students may choose either the Research Track or Strategic Planning Track.
For more information, contact the Advanced Academic Programs Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carey MBA Program Requirements
Courses are offered at Carey Business School’s Washington, D.C. and Baltimore campuses.
Business Foundations (15 Courses; 30 Credits)
Students must take the following courses. All courses are 2 credits.
- BU.120.601 Business Communication (For online students, this course has a residency component.)
- BU.121.610 Negotiation (For online students, this course has a residency component.)
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership & Human Values
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.142.620 Leadership in Organizations (For online students, this course has a residency component.)
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.220.610 The Firm and the Macro-economy
- BU.220.620 Economics for Decision Making (Prerequisite: BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis)
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance (Prerequisite: BU.210.620 Acc. & Fin. Reporting)
- BU.232.701 Investments (Prerequisite: BU.231.620 Corporate Finance)
- BU.350.620 Information Systems
- BU.410.620 Marketing Management
- IBU.510.601 Statistical Analysis*
- BU.520.601 Decision Models (Prerequisite: BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis)
- BU.680.620 Operation Management (Prerequisite: BU.520.601 Decision Models)
- Six (6) Electives
*Biotechnology students who complete AS.410.645 Biostatistics may take an additional Carey Business Elective in place of BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis. Notify your academic advisor when you complete AS.410.645 so your record is updated accordingly.
MBA Electives or Concentrations (6 Courses; 12 credits)
Students may complete 12 elective credits or 12 MBA concentration credits. Students planning to complete an MBA concentration should notify their MBA academic advisor. Contact your advisor or admissions office for details about concentration course lists and prerequisites.
- Financial Businesses**
- Health Care Management**
- Management / Leading Orgs**
- Real Estate and Infrastructure
**The only concentrations currently offered online are: Health Care Management, Leading Orgs, and Financial Businesses.
Applicants to the program should refer to the Carey Business School Tuition and Fees chart for current MBA tuition amounts.
MBA/MA in Communication Tuition
Tuition and fee information for the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences is available here.
We offer a variety of financial aid programs, including scholarships, loans, and work study opportunities. For more information about financial aid for this program, please click here.
Applications for the MBA/MA in Communication dual-degree program must submitted to the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences Advanced Academic Programs. The admissions committees of both schools will review each application.
To apply, visit the Advanced Academic Programs admissions page.
For more information, call 202-452-1940 or email email@example.com.
There are 212,000
Johns Hopkins alumni worldwide.