Ted Sniffin, an Executive Vice President with Booz Allen Hamilton, is a leader in the firm’s defense and intelligence business with a focus on supporting Defense Acquisition and Logistics clients. In this capacity, he oversees the Firm’s support to Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (AT&L), the Defense Logistics Agency, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, and the Defense Finance and Accounting Service.
He is a recognized functional expert in a number of the firm’s management consulting and program management capabilities, including:
- Acquisition, program management, and logistics
- Strategic planning
- Large-scale organizational change
- Business process reengineering
- Cost reduction and efficiency
- Change management
Mr. Sniffin has contributed his deep experience and insights to numerous Booz Allen engagements, including leading the following:
- Organizational and process redesign efforts for Department of Defense (DoD) acquisition clients, including the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology (ASA(ALT)) and the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force/Acquisition (SAF/AQ)
- Strategic planning and the development of the Defense Logistics Agency’s (DLA) 2015-2022 Strategic Plan for the DLA Director and DLA, Director of Strategic Plans and Policy
- Reengineering of DoD’s global medical evacuation processes for the US Transportation Command (TRANSCOM)
- Organizational transformation and strategy efforts for defense personnel clients, including the Office of the Secretary of Defense (Personnel & Readiness), the Army G-1, and the Air Force A-1
- Strategic planning advisory services for numerous Joint, Army, Navy, and Air Force Flag Officers and senior executives
- Design and implementation of strategic planning organizations and strategic management processes for the ASA(ALT), US Army Recruiting Command, IRS, and National Institutes of Health
As a key member of the TRANSCOM Regulating and Command and Control Evacuation System (TRAC2ES) capability, Mr. Sniffin was recognized in 2003 with the Professional Excellence Award (PEA), Booz Allen’s highest honor for outstanding customer service, for his leadership in support of the US Transportation Command. Additionally, he was recognized with the 2008 Booz Allen Excellence Award (BEA) for client service.
His career history includes providing strategic planning, total quality management, process redesign, and change management services in support of Office of the Under Secretary of the Navy and Assistant Secretary of the Navy (RD&A) while employed at Northrup Grumman IT.
Mr. Sniffin earned a B.A. degree in English from George Mason University, and an M.B.A. in Corporate Finance degree from Johns Hopkins University. He completed Harvard University’s program for Senior Executives in National and International Security at the John F. Kennedy School of Government.