Randy Russell, MBA '01 joined the Deutsche Bank’s Telecom Coverage team as an Associate in July 2001. Through the mergers of the Technology, Telecom and Media teams, Randy has broadened his coverage efforts and currently serves as the senior coverage banker on more than 20 TMT clients. He is an expert in wireless spectrum licenses and satellite operations and is active across the satellite, television, wireless, and wireline sectors. From 1991-1999, Randy was an Officer in the United States Marine Corps where he rose to the rank of Major and served as a KC-130 transport and refueling pilot and aircraft maintenance officer.
Selected transactions include:
- Sole bookrunner more than $11 billion of senior notes for Dish Networks across 6 transactions (2009-2013)
- Joint bookrunner on CyrusOne IPO (2013)
- Active bookrunner Liberty Interactive exchangeable notes (2013)
- Sole M&A advisor, sole bridge and takeout financing for EchoStar’s $2 billion acquisition of Hughes (2011)
- Joint bookrunner, Managing Lead Agent and Security Agent on Iridium’s $1.8 billion COFACE facility (2010)
- Joint bookrunner on $1.4 billion of senior and convertible notes for Clearwire (2010)
- Left and sole bookrunner on $1.1 billion of senior notes for GCI across 5 transactions (2004-2011)
- Joint bookrunner on $2.1 billion of financings for Cincinnati Bell across 4 transactions (2009-2010)
In addition to his banking responsibilities, Randy has held other roles at DB. During 2005-2007, he worked to help Global Corporate Finance establish off-shore analytics for the investment bank with Copal in India. In 2005-2006, he ran Deutsche Bank’s Associate Development Program for new MBAs and was the Telecom Group COO during 2004. He is a volunteer for Students for Educational Opportunity and Youth About Business, as well as a founding member of VOWS (Veterans on Wall Street).
Randy holds a MBA in Finance from Johns Hopkins University, attended the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterrey, CA and has a BA in English from the University of Delaware.