Student organizations enhance the quality of life at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School.
Student Organizations at Carey
Students at the Carey Business School are encouraged to get actively engaged outside the classroom via a variety of options: clubs, organizations, workshops, special programming, competitions, and, conferences, to name a few. In academic year 2015-2016 we registered 43 student organizations who have planned and executed over 210 events!
To recognize our most proactive and engaged students, we have instituted the following awards:
Carey Networking Award
Presented to the Carey Business School student who most actively builds a community of mentors, industry experts, and other contacts and creates meaningful professional relationships.
Carey Mission in Action Award
Presented to the student who, through action, demonstrates an understanding and fundamental belief in the Carey Business School’s mission. The recipient of this award has made outstanding contributions to their local community and/or society at large.
Carey Brand Ambassador Award
Presented to the student who promotes the Johns Hopkins University and the Carey Business School brand in an outstanding way.
Carey Community Builder Award
Presented to the student who strives to enhance the Carey Business School experience for present and future students.
Carey Leadership Excellence Award
Presented to the student who best exemplifies the Carey Business School ideal of leading with integrity. The recipient of this award demonstrates leadership in every facet of their life.
The following guides and information is available in B-Involved: Student Organizations Handbook, Events Request Form, Reimbursement Requests, and the following step-by-step guides:
B-Involved is your one-stop resource for joining and starting organizations, as well as the place to RSVP for events, connect with social media for clubs and organizations, hold elections, request funding, and much more.
For the Student Organizations Handbook, specific guides and forms, please go to this web page on B-Involved.
A list of some competitions Carey students might be interested in participating:
- A list of competitions on the MBA - Exchange.org website.
- Toyota Mobility Challenge - supported by Carey's Net Impact Club. Contact LeahSbriscia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Aspen Institute Business and Society International MBA Case Competition. Contact Karan Teckchandani at email@example.com.
- Morgan Stanley Sustainable Investing Challenge. Contact Karan Teckchandani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- JHU Business Plan Competition. Contact Karan Teckchandani at email@example.com.
- Licensing Executives Society Foundation International Graduate Student Business Plan Competition.
- 2016 Minority MBA Student Case Competition at The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business. Registration ends December 18, 2015. Contact David Harrison at KeyBankMBACase@fisher.osu.edu.
- ETF Global Portfolio Challenge.
For more information about student clubs and activities, please contact your campus' Student Services representative:
Harbor East: Jessica Antuonen, Phone: (410) 234-9282, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DC: Ben Ortiz-Colon, Phone: (202) 650-6027 (DC), Email: email@example.com
If you need immediate assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-650-6027 (DC)