In compliance with Title IV, the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, and other Federal and State disclosure laws, the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School has listed consumer information for prospective and current students. If you have any questions, please contact Bobbie Tchopev, Director of Student Services, at 410-234-9240 or

Disclosures applicable to all students across Johns Hopkins University are available here.

General Institutional Information

Student Financial Assistance Information

Health and Safety Information

  • Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
  • Fire Safety Report and Fire Log - N/A
  • Carey Vaccination Policy - According to Washington, D.C. Immunization Law 3-20, students under the age of 26 who attend classes in Washington, D.C. must get vaccinations for Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus/Diphtheria. You will need to submit proof of your immunizations once you register for classes at the Washington, D.C. Center. Immunization forms are provided to all students admitted to the JHU Carey Business School. An immunization hold will be placed on student accounts, preventing registration if the completed immunization form is not submitted by the registration period of your second semester at the school.
  • Missing Person Notification Policy - N/A
  • Campus Security Report

Student Outcomes

  • Retention Rates for Full-Time Students
  • Completion/Graduation Rates for 1st-time Full-time Students - N/A
  • Graduate/Professional Programs that BA/BS JHU Graduates Enroll in - 58% (Class of 2014)
  • Completion/Grad Rate for Athletes Receiving Athletic Aid - N/A
  • Placement Rates - N/A

Voter Registration Information

Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates & Financial Aid Support Report - N/A
Teacher Preparation Program Report - N/A

Transfer Credit Policy

Community College Transfer Students - Undergraduate programs at the Carey Business School have special agreements for the transfer of degree programs with several community colleges. Students transferring from community colleges should contact an adviser at their community college or the undergraduate Admissions Officer at Carey. The school has articulation agreements with Garrett College, Carroll Community College; College of Southern Maryland, Seattle Central Community College, North Seattle Community College, and Seattle Central Community College. Similar agreements with additional schools are being discussed; for more information students should check their school’s website, the Carey Business School website or contact the undergraduate Admissions Officer at the Carey Business School.

Transfer of Graduate Credit - The maximum number of credits earned at another regionally accredited college or university that may be transferred with replacement into a graduate degree program in the Carey Business School in no case can exceed six credits. Any request for transfer or waiver of courses must be submitted within the first two semesters from the date of admission. The maximum number of credits earned at another school within Johns Hopkins University that may be transferred into a graduate degree program in the Carey Business School in no case can exceed six credits as long as each course transferred counts toward one two credit course.

Withdrawal Procedures

To withdraw from a course, students must submit an official add/drop form. Students may not withdraw from courses using SIS. Notice to the instructor of intent to withdraw is not sufficient, nor are telephone withdrawals accepted. The last date to withdraw from a class without academic penalty (without receiving the grade of F) is listed in the withdrawal schedule policy. Call the Office of the Registrar at 410-234-9250 for the last date to withdraw or change to auditor status for other alternate format courses.

Students who withdraw after the deadline or stop attending class at any time without properly submitting an official add/drop form receive an ‘F’ (Failure) for the course. Tuition refunds are calculated from the date of receipt of the add/drop form in the Office of the Registrar. Please note that the registration fee is non-refundable. International students on an F-1 visa are advised to contact International Services at 410-234-9280 before withdrawing or dropping a course.

Note: Federal aid recipients who withdraw from all course work in a semester may have aid returned to the federal government according to federal “Return of Title IV funds” regulations, a copy of which can be obtained at the Office of the Registrar. Aid recipients who withdraw from some courses in the semester but not all their courses may have their aid awards adjusted to the reduced cost of attendance. Students who drop to less than half-time prior to beginning the class may have their federal aid canceled, even if some portions have already been refunded to them for living expenses. Students will receive a bill from the school for the balance due. Withdrawing from classes may also impact future aid eligibility. Financial Aid recipients are advised to consult with both their academic adviser and the financial aid staff prior to withdrawing from classes.

JHU Carey Business School Course Withdrawal Schedule Policy

Course Load

Full-time graduate students are those who enroll for nine or more credits each semester. Part-time graduate students are those who enroll for less than nine credits each semester. Full time undergraduate students are those who enroll for twelve or more credits each semester. Part-time undergraduate students are those who enroll for less than twelve credits each semester. No student may enroll in more than 17 credits total per semester.

Dropping a Course

Students may drop a course without financial penalty up to the date of the first class by going to Once classes begin, students who drop a course receive a pro-rated tuition refund. Tuition refunds are calculated from the date of receipt of the add/drop from in the Office of the Registrar (see refund schedule)

Note: Financial aid recipients will have their aid award adjusted according to credits registered. Students dropping to less than half-time status may have their aid canceled and will be responsible for any debit balance created.