Participating in a business-related case competition is one of the best ways to develop critical business and presentation skills, gain practical real-world industry experience and network with experts and potential employers.
What is a Case Competition?
Case competitions require a team of students to work together to solve an industry problem or pitch an innovative idea to a panel of industry experts. The design and format of competitions vary, but generally you can expect the following:
- Work in small teams to plan and prepare a case presentation
- Present to a panel of industry experts who judge on business knowledge, viability and presentations skills
- Some competitions are partially or completely web-based
- Cash prize awards for top 3 teams
- Networking receptions as part of competition event
Learn more about case competitions here: http://poetsandquants.com/2015/03/14/guide-to-mba-case-competitions/
The Carey Student Services Office has a Student Development Fund to assist students who are travelling for competitions. To request funding, students will meet with the Student Engagement Staff to discuss details and expenses. firstname.lastname@example.org
Carey students have participated in the following competitions: