- Appointments are 1 hour long and are limited to 1 appointment per subject per day.
- You may schedule up to 3 appointments per week per subject. However, SSC staff reserves the right to limit appointments at any time.
- During busy times appointments may be limited to 2 per week to accommodate the needs of all students.
- You may attend sessions in small groups for assistance with the same concepts.
- Appointments must be cancelled 24 hours in advance by logging into TutorTrac.
- Appointments not cancelled within 24 hours will be considered no-shows.
- If you do not show up to your appointment or cancel it 24 hours in advance, it will be considered a no-show.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes after the appointment start time, the tutor will accommodate drop-ins, and being seen by the tutor cannot be guaranteed.
- If you have 2 no-shows in 1 semester, you cannot schedule an appointment in advance for the remainder of that semester. However, you may be seen on a drop-in basis.
The above policies also apply to online appointments. Online appointments occur using Zoom. We also offer online drop-in hours (please see the current term’s schedule for a complete list of hours). In addition, you should:
- Have a working microphone, speakers, and webcam.
- Have an internet connection.
- Have your assignment and materials available electronically to be able to share it with the tutor.
For online quantitative appointments, join your tutoring session here: https://jhucarey.zoom.us/my/sscquantitative
*If this is your first time using Zoom, you should download it prior to your first online tutoring session. Downloading and setting up Zoom takes approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Tutoring is currently reserved for all current Carey Business School students and for Carey courses only.
- Tutors are allowed to meet with students only during tutors’ available appointment times.
- Tutors are allowed to meet only during tutors’ available appointment times.
- Tutors are not permitted to complete homework assignments; you should be actively engaged in the session to enhance your understanding of the material.
- Staff reserves the right to revise policies and cancel or reschedule appointments that do not follow policy. You will be notified by email of any cancellations.
Tutors provide you with guidance on improving your quantitative skills and are happy to help with any part of a quantitative assignment. You should explain relevant course material and the specific areas in which you are seeking help. Tutors can then explain important or helpful concepts, make recommendations, and show you how to apply those concepts in your work.
- Establish a need: should schedule an appointment as soon as you realize you need assistance.
- Schedule an appointment through the “Book Now” button.
- In the notes section, write any pertinent information that will help the tutor help you.
- Arrive on time or cancel the appointment 24 hours in advance.
DURING THE APPOINTMENT
- Explain the areas of difficulty.
- Take notes.
- Before leaving, you and the tutor should summarize key points and decided whether or not to schedule another appointment.
YOU SHOULD BRING THE FOLLOWING TO ALL APPOINTMENTS
- The textbook and any printed materials pertaining to the subject.
- Paper and pencil.
Check through our content-based resources for additional guidance and practice.