As a new Carey Business School student, you are encouraged to review the following information, as it will assist you in navigating administrative steps that will enhance your student experience.
Once you become familiar with the information below, please attend your program specific orientation.
New Student Checklist
1. Activate your Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory (JHED) log-in.
2. Set up your Johns Hopkins Microsoft Exchange Online (Office 365 E-mail).
3. Register for classes.
According to Washington, D.C. Immunization Law 3-20, students under the age of 26 who attend classes in Washington, D.C. must get vaccinations for Measles, mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus/Diphtheria. You will need to submit proof of your immunizations once you register for classes at the Washington, D.C. Center. Such forms are provided to all students admitted to the JHU Carey Business School. An immunization hold will be placed on student accounts, preventing registration if the completed immunization form is not submitted by the registration period of your second semester at the school. Download the immunization form.
Attention Baltimore, MD, students - Immunizations
Students attending classes in Baltimore, MD, are strongly advised to get the following vaccines:
- Tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis (Td/Tdap) vaccination
- Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccination
- Meningococcal vaccination
- Hepatitis A vaccination
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- The above vaccines are recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/imz/adult.html
4. View the library’s orientation guide before you begin your classes.
Library Orientation Guide
Be certain to click all tabs and links on the pages
5. Blackboard tutorial
Alternately, please see this tutorial for instructions on using Blackboard: Blackboard 9.x Essential Training for Students
6. Obtain your Student Identification Card (J-card).
7. International Students check in with the Office of International Services.
8. Financial Aid at the Carey Business School
9. The Honor Code 2016-2017
10. Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Training.
11. Summer Intensive program
- July 29 - August 12, 2016 Baltimore
- August 1 - August 15, 2016 Washington, DC
12. New student orientation.
All new Carey students are expected to attend orientation. During orientation students receive important information and have the opportunity to ask questions of faculty/staff, and get to know other students in their programs.
New Student Orientation Schedule
|August 13, 2016||All part-time program students, all dual/joint degree programs (including MPH and MICA students)|
|August 15-16, 2016||Master of Business Administration (full-time, GMBA)|
|August 16 - August 19, 2016||Master of Science in Finance (full-time)
Master of Science in Marketing (full-time)
Master of Science in Real Estate and Infrastructure (full-time)
Master of Science in Enterprise Risk Management (full-time)
Master of Science in Healthcare Management (full-time)
Bachelor of Business Administration (full-time)
Business of Health Care Certificate (online in Blackboard - Week 0 module). Must be completed before program begins.
Online MBA students must complete their online orientation module prior to the beginning of their first semester.
|January 9, 2016||All part-time program students starting spring 2016|
13. Adobe Connect
15. Other Important applications:
Complementary subscription to the WSJ online can be accessed via the portal.
Complementary subscription to lynda.com can be accessed via the portal.
Tutorial on how and why we use Turnitin, can be found here.