Xian Sun Faculty Bio
Xian Sun, PhD
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: (410) 234-9425
Xian Sun, PhD (Finance, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2009. She is an Assistant Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of emerging capital markets, institutional shareholders, and mergers and acquisitions.
Honors and Distinctions
- On-The-Spot Awards, Office of the Comptroller of Currency, September 2007, December 2007, August 2008
- Del and Edith Karger Dissertation Prize in Management, RPI, May 2006
- “Financial Market Integration and Shareholders’ Wealth: Evidence from Cross-Border M&As”, co-authored with Bill Francis and Iftekhar Hasan, Journal of Banking and Finance, 2008, forthcoming.
- “The Signaling Hypothesis Revisited: Evidence from Foreign IPOs,” co-authored with Bill Francis, Iftekhar Hasan and James Lothian, Journal of Financial and Quantitative and Analysis, forthcoming.
- “Political Connections and the Process of Going Public: Evidence from China,” coauthored with Bill Francis and Iftekhar Hasan, Journal of International Money and Finance, forthcoming.
Works in Progress
- “A Simple Measure of Systemic Risk”, co-authored with Dilip Patro and Min Qi.
- "Capital Adequacy Revisit: A Market Perspective", co-authored with Iftekhar Hasan and Akhtar Siddique.
- “Learn by observing: Cross-border M&A experience”, with Iftekhar Hasan and Nada Kobeissi, 2008
- “Economy of Scale and Scope of Investment Banks” , with Iftekhar Hasan Waisman
- “Political Connections and the Process of Going Public: Evidence from China,” coauthored with Bill Francis and Iftekhar Hasan
- “Do Banking Relationships Survive during the M&A Wave in the 90s?” co-authored with Bill Francis and Iftekhar Hasan, 2007
- “Home Bias at the Selection of Financial Advisors in Cross-border M&As” co-authored with Bill Francis and Iftekhar Hasan, 2007
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions