Ravi Aron Faculty Bio
Ravi Aron, PhD
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: (410) 234-9405
Ravi Aron, PhD (Information Systems, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2008. He is an Associate Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of information technology strategy, healthcare strategy and healthcare information systems.
Honors and Distinctions
- Johns Hopkins University Alumni Association Excellence in Teaching Award, 2012.
- Professor Of The Year, GMBA Charter Class Award, Carey Business School, 2011.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Industry Studies Fellowship Award for 2008.
- David Hauck Teaching Excellence Award – 2004, The Wharton School.
- Herman E. Kross Doctoral Dissertation Award, 1999, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, NYU.
- Aron, R., Dutta, S., Janakiram, R., Pathak, P.S. “The Impact of Automation of Systems on Medical Errors: Evidence from Field Research,” Information Systems Research, Vol. 22, No. 3, September 2011, pp. 429–446.
- Aron, R., Bandopadyay, S., Jayanty, S., and Pathak, P.S. “Monitoring Process Quality in Offshore Outsourcing: A Model and Findings from Multi-Country Survey,” Journal of Operations Management, Volume 26, Issue 2, March 2008, Pages 303-321.
- Aron, R., and Pathak, P.S. “Impact of Internet-Based Distributed Monitoring Systems on Off-Shore Sourcing of Services” ACM Transactions On Internet Technology, Vol. 7, No. 3, Article 16, August, 2007.
- Aron, R., and Singh, J. "Getting Offshoring Right" Harvard Business Review, December 2005, pp. 135-143.
- Anand, K.S., and Aron, R. “Group-Buying On The Web: A Comparison Of Price Discovery Mechanisms”, Management Science, Vol. 49, No. 11 November 2003, pp. 1546-1562.
- Aron, R., and Clemons, E.K. "Achieving the Optimal Balance Between Investment In Quality and Investment in Self-Promotion for Information Products," Journal of Management Information Systems, Fall 2001, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 65-88
Works in Progress
- Aron, R., Gao, G., Pathak, P. “Information Automation in Chronic Care Processes: Implications for Efficiency and Quality.”
- Aron, R., Gao, G., Pathak, P. “The Impact Of Electronic And Manual Channels Of Information Delivery On Consumers’ Expectations Of Quality of Care In Global Health Care Delivery: A Comparative Study Of Channels From Survey Data.”
- Anand, K.S., and Aron, R., and Pathak, P.S. “Quality, Incentives and Pricing Regimes in Offshore Service Production: Theory and Evidence."
- Emerging Frontiers in Healthcare: Strategy & Technology
- Health Care Information Systems
- Information Technology & Strategy
- Research Seminar on Technology Enabled Businesses & Strategies in Emerging Market Contexts
- Digital Marketplaces