The Carey Business School breaks the mold in business scholarship.
Our faculty encompass the talent, knowledge, skills and expertise from many disciplines across Johns Hopkins University and peer business schools that are necessary to participate in business research.
The scholarship enterprise at Carey leverages on the traditional academic strengths of Johns Hopkins University by promoting and rewarding, without prejudice to other areas of inquiry, cross disciplinary research that address globally important societal issues such as health, poverty, and sustainability through the theoretical lenses and practical experience of the business related disciplines.
In accordance with the School’s mission statement, our approach to scholarship is entrepreneurial and characterized by humility and flexibility.
Individual faculty research specialties include:
- Emerging Capital Markets - Alessandro Rebucci and Xian Sun
- Corporate Governance - Xian Sun
- Labor and Human Resource Economics - Mario Macis
- Health Care System Management - Emilia Simeonova
- Innovation and Product Development/ Technology Commercialization - Phil Phan
- Cybersecurity - Bill Agresti
- Consumer Decision-Making - Dipankar Chakravarti, Meng Zhu, and Haiyang Yang
- Asset Pricing - Nicola Fusari
- Commodity Markets - Federico Bandi
- Individual and Group Creativity in Organizations - Sharon Kim and Brian Gunia
- Operations Management - Chester Chambers, Maqbool Dada, Tinglong Dai, and Ozge Sahin
Faculty at the Carey Business School are proving that business can solve some of society’s greatest problems.