Tinglong Dai, PhD
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
Tinglong Dai, PhD (Industrial Administration, Carnegie Mellon University), joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2013. He is an Assistant Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of Healthcare Operations Management, Marketing-Operations Interfaces, and Operations Research/Computer Science Interfaces.
Honors and Distinctions
- Johns Hopkins Discovery Award, 2015
- First Place Winner, 2012 POMS (Production and Operations Management Society) College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Competition
- 2012 INFORMS William Pierskalla Runner Up Award for the Best Paper in Healthcare
- Finalist, 2014 Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award
- Honorable Mention, 2013 Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) College of Supply Chain Management Best Student Paper Competition
- Second Place Winner, 2012 INFORMS Case and Teaching Materials Competition
- William Larimer Mellon Fund Doctoral Fellowship, Tepper School of Business, 2007–2013
- National Science Foundation ICRA Grassroots Fellow, 2011
- HKUST Postgraduate Studentship, 2004–2006
Selected Working Papers
- Tinglong Dai, Mustafa Akan, Sridhar Tayur. 2015. Imaging Room and Beyond: The Underlying Economics behind Physicians’ Test-Ordering Behavior in Outpatient Services.
- Tinglong Dai, Xiaofang Wang, Chao-Wei Hwang (MD). 2015. Clinical Ambiguity and Conflicts of Interest in Interventional Cardiology Decision-Making.
- Tinglong Dai, Jian Ni. 2015. Channel Construction in Emerging Markets.
- Tinglong Dai, Ronghuo Zheng, Katia Sycara. 2015. The Welfare Consequences of the Donor Priority Rule.
Selected Journal Publications
- Ronghuo Zheng, Nilanjan Chakraborty, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara. 2016. Automated Multilateral Negotiation on Multiple Issues with Private Information. INFORMS Journal on Computing. Forthcoming.
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2016. Impact of Inventory on Quota-Bonus Contracts With Rent Sharing. Operations Research 64(1) 94–98
- Tinglong Dai, Soo-Haeng Cho, Fuqiang Zhang. 2015. Contracting for On-Time Delivery in the U.S. Influenza Vaccine Supply Chain. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management. Forthcoming.
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2013. Salesforce Compensation with Inventory Considerations. Management Science 59(11) 2490–2501.
- Tinglong Dai. 2015. Incentives in U.S. Healthcare Operations. Decision Sciences (Elwood S. Buffa Doctoral Dissertation Award) 46(2) 455–463.
- Tinglong Dai, Zhaolin Li, Daewon Sun. 2012. Equity-Based Incentives and Supply Chain Buy-Back Contracts. Decision Sciences 43(4) 661–686.
- Tinglong Dai, Xiangtong Qi. 2007. An Acquisition Policy for a Multi-Supplier System with a Finite Time Horizon. Computers & Operations Research 34(9) 2758–2773.
Selected Conference Proceedings
- Ronghuo Zheng, Nilanjan Chakraborty, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara. 2013. Multiagent Negotiation on Multiple Issues with Incomplete Information. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems: AAMAS’13, 1279–1280.
- Ronghuo Zheng, Nilanjan Chakraborty, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara, Michael Lewis. 2013. Automated Bilateral Multiple-issue Negotiation with No Information about Opponent. Proceedings of the 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences: HICSS-46, 520–527.
- Victor Sanchez-Anguix, Tinglong Dai, Zhaleh Semnani-Azad, Katia Sycara, Vicente Botti. 2012. Modeling Power Distance and Individualism/Collectivism in Negotiation Team Dynamics. In Proceedings of the 45th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences: HICSS-45, 628–637.
Selected Book Chapters
- Katia Sycara, Tinglong Dai. 2010. Agent Reasoning in Negotiation. Handbook of Group Decision and Negotiation. M. Kilgour and C. Eden (Eds.). Springer: New York, 437–451.
- Nazli Turan, Tinglong Dai, Katia Sycara, Laurie Weingart. 2013. Toward a Unified Negotiation Framework: Leveraging Strengths in Behavioral and Computational Communities. Models for Inter-Cultural Collaboration and Negotiation. M. Gelfand and K. Sycara (Eds). Springer: New York, 53–66.
- Operations Management
- Supply and Service Contracting
- Healthcare Operations
- Healthcare Operations Management
- Operations-Marketing Interfaces
- Operations Research/Computer Science Interfaces