Tinglong Dai, PhD
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
Tinglong Dai, PhD (Operations Management, Carnegie Mellon University), joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2013. He is an Assistant Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of healthcare operations management, and operations-marketing interfaces.
Honors and Distinctions
- First Place Winner, 2012 Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) College of Healthcare Operations Management Best Paper Competition
- Honorable Mention, 2013 Production and Operations Management Society (POMS) College of Supply Chain Management Best Student Paper Competition
- 2012 INFORMS William Pierskalla Runner Up Award for the Best Paper in Healthcare
- Second Place Winner, 2012 INFORMS Case and Teaching Materials Competition
- William Larimer Mellon Fund Doctoral Fellowship, Tepper School of Business, 2007–2013
- HKUST Postgraduate Studentship, 2004–2006
Selected Journal Publications
- Tinglong Dai, Kinshuk Jerath. 2013. Salesforce Compensation with Inventory Considerations. Management Science 59(11) 2490–2501.
- Tinglong Dai, Zhaolin Li, Daewon Sun. 2012. Equity-Based Incentives and Supply Chain Buy-Back Contracts. Decision Sciences 43(4) 661–686.
- Tinglong Dai, Xiangtong Qi. 2007. An Acquisition Policy for a Multi-Supplier System with a Finite Time Horizon. Computers & Operations Research 34(9) 2758–2773.
Selected Working Papers
- Tinglong Dai, Mustafa Akan, Sridhar Tayur. Imaging Room and Beyond: The Underlying Economics behind Physicians’ Test-Ordering Behavior in Outpatient Services.
- Tinglong Dai, Soo-Haeng Cho, Fuqiang Zhang. Contracting for On-Time Delivery in the U.S. Influenza Vaccine Supply Chain.
- Operations Management
- Supplies and Services Contracting
- Healthcare Management
- Financial Statement Analysis