Maqbool Dada, PhD
Professor, The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
Joint Faculty Appointment, Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: (410) 234-9413
Maqbool Dada, PhD (Management, Sloan School of Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2009. He is a Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of operations management, supply chain management and pricing models.
Honors and Distinctions
- Department Editorship IIE Transactions 2009 – to date
- Associate Editorships
- Production and Operations Management, 2003-2005.
- Decision Sciences, 2005 – to date.
- Management Science, 2006 – 2008.
- Manufacturing & Service Operations Management 2009 – to date
- M. Dada and W. D. White, (1999), “Evaluating Financial Risk in the Medicare Prospective Payment System,” Management Science, Volume 45, pp. 316-329.
- D. Serel, M. Dada and H. Moskowitz, (2001), “Sourcing Decisions under Capacity Reservation Agreements,” European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 131, 635-648.
- B. Kazaz, M. Dada and H. Moskowitz, (2005), “Global Production Planning under Exchange-Rate Uncertainty,” Management Science, Volume 51, 1101-1119.
- K. Wee and M. Dada, (2005), “Optimal Policies for Transshipping Inventory in a Retail Network,” Management Science, Volume 51, 1519-1533.
- M. Dada, N. C. Petruzzi and L. B. Schwarz, "A Newsvendor’s Procurement Model with Unreliable Suppliers,” 2007, Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Volume 9, 9-32.
- M. Dada, M. and Q. Hu, (2008), “Financing Newsvendor Inventory,” Operations Research Letters, Volume 36, 269-273.
- J. Li, S. C. Chand, M. Dada and S. Mehta (2009), “Managing Inventory over a Short Season: Models with Two Procurement Opportunities,” Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Volume 11, 174-184.
Works in Progress
- “A Periodic Review Basestock Model with Sales Rejection,” (with A. Bisi and Y. Xu.) “Optimal Policies for the Censored Newsvendor Problem with Newsvendor Distributed Demand,” (with A. Bisi.)
- “Customer-Based Tradeoffs in Service Facility Design,” (with P. Kumar.)
- International Operations Management
- Management of Service Operations
- Operations Strategy