Alessandro Rebucci, PhD
Assistant Professor, The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
Joint Faculty Appointment, Edward St. John Real Estate Program
Joint Faculty Appointment, Department of Economics, Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202
Alessandro Rebucci, PhD (Economics, University of London) joined the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School in 2013. He is an Assistant Professor in the research track with expertise in the areas of international finance. Previously he held research positions at the Inter-American Development Bank (2008-2013) and at the International Monetary Fund (2002-2008).
- "Are Capital Controls Countercyclicall?” (with A. Fernández and M. Uribe), Journal of Monetary Economics, forthcoming.
- “The Valuation Channel of External Adjustment,” (with F. Ghironi and J. Lee), Journal of International Money and Finance, forthcoming.
- "Global Liquidity, House Prices, and the Macroeconomy: Evidence from Advanced and Emerging Market Economics" (with A. Cesa-Bianchi and Luis Felipe Cespedes). Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Vol. 47 No. S1, pp. 301-335, March/April 2015.
- “Financial Crises and Macro-Prudential Policies” (with G. Benigno, C. Otrok, E. R. Young, and H. Chen), Journal of International Economics, Vol. 89 No. 2, pp. 453-470, 2013.
- “News Shocks and Asset Price Volatility in General Equilibrium” (with A. Matsumoto, P. Cova, and M. Pisani), Journal Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol 35, No. 12, pp 2132-2149, 2011.
- “Special Issue on International Macro-Finance: Editorial Foreword,” (with M. Devereux, C. Engel, and A. Matsumoto), Journal of International Economics, Vol. 80, No.1. January 2010.
- “Net Foreign Asset Positions and Consumption Dynamics in the International Economy,” (with F. Ghironi and T. İşcan), Journal of International Money and Finance, 27, pp. 1337–1359, 2008.
- “Oil Shocks and External Balances,” (with L. Kilian and N. Spatafora), Journal International Economics, 77(2), pp. 181-194, 2009.
- “Measuring Contagion and Interdependence with a Bayesian Time-Varying Coefficient Model,” (with M. Ciccarelli), Journal of Financial Econometrics, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 285-320, March 2007.
- “Has The Transmission Mechanism of European Monetary Policy Changed in the Run-up to EMU?” (with M. Ciccarelli), European Economic Review, Vol. 50, No. 3 , pp. 737-776, April 2006.
- “The U.S. Dollar and the Trade Deficit: What Accounts for the Late 1990s?” (with B. Hunt), International Finance, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 399–434, December 2005.
- Financial Institutions
- International Finance