Transform your capability to act powerfully and courageously in your life, in your work, and in the world.
Experience “in vitro” four simple frameworks (Change Kaleidoscope, Immunity to Change, Open Space Technology and System Diagnostics) to harness the power of systems to deal with change challenges.
Why you should attend
- Tap into your own “implicit” change theory.
- Discover a system to create governance during change.
- Diagnose the systems you are involved in and trying to change.
- Connect with a group of peers to gain valuable insights about the change you are trying to implement.
- Doing deep work, learning from others, and gaining significant traction on your own change initiatives.
- Making real progress on real issues so you can move your organization forward.
- Transforming your capability to act powerfully and courageously in your life, in your work, and in the world.
Courses are held in Room 201 at the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School Harbor East campus, located at 100 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202.
Check-in and breakfast for this course is from 8:30-9:00am. The seminar begins promptly at 9:00am and ends at 4:00pm.
The registration deadline is one week prior to the first day of a class, if seats are still available in the program.
This seminar serves individuals looking to:
- gain clarity about their current “theory of change” by exploring a personal change paradigm
- learn how we get in the way of our own ways of personal transformation
- understand the difference between individual versus systemic change and fight the old “lone ranger” change paradigm
- join a learning community of colleagues in the critical inquiry on the work of personal and organizational transformation, to get involved, to make your voice heard in service of your change initiative.
Assistant Professor, Johns Hopkins University Carey Business School
Adriano has 20 years of leadership development, team coaching and change experience built on capacity development, possibility thinking, and sound strategy. ParticipAction Consulting Inc., his consulting practice, has helped leaders work for change by harnessing the powers of conflict, diversity and complexity. Among his clients are Microsoft, Philip Morris International, The World Bank Group, Rotary International, Pan-American Health Organization, US Environmental Protection Agency, NASA, US Marine Corps.
Adriano holds an MBA in communication/group dynamics from the University of Milan, is a member of the Society for Organizational Learning and of the World Cafe community of practice, and a passionate experiential learner/teacher. Adriano trained at Harvard Business, Harvard Kennedy School and the Art of Hosting where he refined his repertoire of experiential and innovative teaching practices.
Contact the Office of Executive Education at 410-234-9363 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$3,200 (includes required materials, gourmet breakfast and lunch and on-site garage parking)
JHU employees may submit for tuition remission for the entire cost of the course. JHHS employees receive a 20% discount on all seminars.
Program Dates: May 17-18, 2018. Register now.
To cancel or transfer your registration, please write to email@example.com. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the program will not receive a refund.
JHU employees should refer to the Non-credit Courses section of the Tuition Remission policies (available on the JHU Benefits page) regarding cancellation policies. Registrants not employed by JHU must notify the Office of Executive Education of cancellation at least two weeks prior to the program in order to receive a full refund.