At the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School, we consider a range of criteria when reviewing applications for admission:
School codes for standardized test scores
Please note: most documents can be uploaded through the online application.
All official documents that need to be mailed (including transcripts, credential evaluations, and official test scores) should be sent to:
The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
100 International Drive
Baltimore, MD 21202-1099
Specific program requirements can be found here.
Undergraduate Application Essay Questions (no limit of words):
1. What are your short and long term goals - both personal and professional?
2. Why did you choose the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School?
3. In addition to an excellent education offered by the Johns Hopkins University, what are your expectations as a student? Include what you expect from your classroom experience as well as other factors such as networking opportunities, career assistance, social experiences, particiation in student activities and internship opportunities.
4. What unique experiences (academic, work, entrepreneurial and volunteer), interests and hobbies do you have? What have you learned from them that will contribute to the learning experience for your classmates?
All Graduate Degree (MBA or MS) Application Essay Questions:
1. What are your career aspirations and why is a graduate business degree the next step to achieving those goals? Specifically, why have you chosen a Johns Hopkins program to do this? (500 words).
2. Please answer essay option 2A or essay option 2B.
2A. Describe your most significant success or failure. Please include the situation, attributions related to it and what you learned from it (500 words)
2B. Describe a time in which your ethics were challenged. How did you address the situation and what did you learn? (500 words)
3. Why are you a strong candidate for the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School program? What makes the Carey degree a good fit for you? How will you make a unique contribution to the Carey community? (300 words)
All Graduate Certificate Application Essay Questions (500-1000 words):
1. What are your learning needs?
2. What are the skills and competencies that you would like to develop?
3. What are your short and long term goals?
4. How will a certificate from the Johns Hopkins Carey Business School specifically enable you to meet the needs and goals that you have identified?
If you are a Carey Business School student who wishes to transfer to one of the other schools in the university (such as Engineering, Public Health, or Peabody), you are required to submit an admissions application to that school. Admission to the Carey Business School establishes no claim or priority for admission to any other school in the university.
Please contact us at 410-234-9220 or email@example.com for more information.