The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School offers quality academic programs – the type of scholarship, practice and innovation in business and industry that you would expect from Johns Hopkins University.
Our students have outstanding academic records, diverse backgrounds, and the belief that positive change is possible.
We want it to be as easy as possible for you to apply to a Carey Business School program, so we've made a checklist to get you started. Below are basic instructions on completing the online application. Detailed instructions are available within the online application system.
- All required fields must be completed before your application can be submitted. Required fields are designated on the application by an asterisk (*).
- The online application for admission consists of the following six sections, each of which must be completed and saved prior to submission. Use the menu on the left to navigate through the application.
- Personal Information
- Employment Status
- Academic Program
- Academic History
- Test Scores
- Application Requirements (Essay and Resume)
- One letter of recommendation (preferably from a supervisor for applicants with professional experience)
- All documents must be submitted electronically along with the online application.
- Unofficial copies of documents such as transcript(s), test scores and course by course evaluations must be included along with the online application.
- Official documents must be sent electronically from the college/university, testing service or course evaluation agency. Applicants are responsible for ensuring the receipt of official documents prior to enrollment in the first semester if admitted. In rare instances when paper documents must be sent from institutions that do not allow for the transmittal of electronic documents like transcripts, please use the address below:
Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
Office of Admissions
100 International Drive, Baltimore, MD 21202-1099
- List ALL colleges and/or universities attended in the online application.
- The test score codes for the Carey Business School are:
- GMAT - KGB B098
- GRE - 0834
- TOEFL - 0834
- IELTS - Please instruct your testing center to send your score report to the mailing address above. An unofficial copy of our test score report may be uploaded with your online application.
- Upload both your essay and resume to your online application.
- Verification of Credentials
Accuracy is expected in all documents provided by all applicants. Applicants must not make inaccurate statements or material omissions on their applications, nor submit any false materials related to or in connection with seeking admission. Violation of this requirement may result in the application being rejected or withdrawn from consideration.
It is, therefore, the policy of the Carey Business School to verify all documents and credentials in support of an application. Essays and letters of recommendation may be traced back to their origin in order to establish authenticity. Documents uploaded into the online application are verified through TurnItIn For Admissions.
If a violation is discovered during the application process or after an applicant has been admitted, an applicant may be withdrawn or admission may be rescinded. If a violation is discovered after a student has registered, the case will be reviewed by the academic committee senior leadership in the Carey Business School to determine potential action.
Note: The application fee is nonrefundable.
- Required official application documents include (please view http://carey.jhu.edu/admissions/requirements/ for details):
- Official transcripts from all U.S. schools attended where 15 or more transfer credits were earned. All U.S. transcripts must be from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Official course-by-course evaluation, if a degree is earned outside of the United States.
- Official GMAT or GRE scores. Waivers can be requested on the online application in the "Test Scores" section.
- Official English language proficiency exam scores (TOEFL or IELTS) for international students from countries where English is not the official language. Waivers can be requested on the online application in the "Test Scores" section.