Inside Look Into MS in Finance
The MS in Finance (MSF) program develops managers and specialists who understand the importance of transparency, responsibility, accountability, and fair and equitable treatment of shareholders for good corporate governance practices. The program features:
- Johns Hopkins University world-class faculty and experienced practitioners in the field of finance.
- A significant part of the finance curriculum devoted to the CFA Institute’s Candidate Body of Knowledge, preparing our students to sit for the CFA exams.
- Strong theoretical and practical foundations in corporate finance and valuation, corporate governance, and securities analysis and investments.
The full-time, 36-credit MS in Finance is ideal for students with limited or no professional work experience, while the part-time program was created for working professionals advancing in their careers. Both formats are offered at the Carey Business School’s Baltimore and Washington, D.C., campuses. Part-time students may also choose to take classes online.
The curriculum for the MS in Finance program includes the following courses, but course sequence and availability of specific electives may vary. Students must consult with an academic adviser to ensure that they take courses in the approved sequence.
Business Foundations (16 credits)
- Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Statistical Analysis
- Business Communication
- The Firm and the Macroeconomy
- Economics for Decision Making
- Corporate Finance
- Business Leadership and Human Values
Functional Core (8 credits)
- Financial Modeling and Valuation
- Financial Institutions
- Fixed Income
Finance Electives (12 credits)
- Managing Financial Risk
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Quantitative Financial Analysis
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Financial Crisis and Contagion
- Advanced Portfolio Management
- Data Analytics
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Wealth Management
- Financial Econometrics
- Continuous Time Finance
- Advanced Hedge Fund Strategies
For Academic Year 2016-2017
|Tuition||Application FEE||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
|Full-Time||$64,000 (for entire 12-month program)||$100||$500||$0||$0|
|Part-Time||$1,290 per credit||$100||$250||$0||$0|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
#Of Students: 526
Avg GMAT: 689
Countries Represented: 12
A Baltimore Sun article on the "All American House" exhibit at the historic Carroll Mansion in downtown Baltimore cites business plans contributed by Carey School students.