Inside Look Into MS in Enterprise Risk Management
An MS in Enterprise Risk Management degree provides graduates with the tools and knowledge to:
- Develop a thorough understanding of risk.
- Protect shareholder value by managing the downside of risk.
- Position the organization to better leverage the upside of uncertain outcomes
- Increase supply chain responsiveness and resilience.
- Effectively communicate across firm boundaries regarding risk management.
- Develop and implement a crisis management communications plan.
- Thoroughly assess insurance needs.
- Develop plans to protect reputation, information, financial assets, and personnel.
- Improve decision making at all levels of the organization.
The MS in Enterprise Risk Management can be completed full-time at the Carey Business School's Washington, D.C. center, or part-time in either Washington, D.C. or Baltimore.
- The full-time 36-credit MS in Enterprise Risk Management is ideal for those new to the industry or with less than two years of work experience and is designed to be completed in one year.
- The part-time 36-credit MS in Enterprise Risk Management is ideal for working professionals with at least two years of experience.
The full-time, 36-credit MS in Enterprise Risk Management is ideal for those new to the industry or with less than two years of work experience, while the part-time program was created for working professionals advancing in their careers. Both formats are offered at the Carey Business School Washington, D.C. Center, and the part-time format is available in Baltimore.
The program includes the following courses, but course sequence and availability of specific electives may vary. Students must consult with an academic adviser to ensure that they take courses in the approved sequence.
Descriptions for the following courses can be found by using the JHU Student Information System Course Search.
Business Foundations (18 credits)
- BU.120.601 Business Communication
- BU.131.601 Business Leadership and Human Values
- BU.132.601 Business Law
- BU.210.620 Accounting and Financial Reporting
- BU.231.620 Corporate Finance
- BU.350.620 Information Systems
- BU.510.601 Statistical Analysis
- BU.520.601 Decision Models
- BU.680.620 Operations Management
Functional Core (6 credits)
- BU.510.650 Data Analytics
- BU.520.620 Advanced Business Analytics
- BU.610.625 Simulation and Strategic Options
Enterprise Risk Management Electives (12 credits)
- BU.520.710 Big Data Machine Learning
- BU.610.750 Global Supply Chain Management
- BU.610.730 Supply and Services Contracting
- BU.610.705 Crisis Management
- BU.230.750 Financial Crisis and Contagion
- BU.330.730 Cybersecurity
- BU.300.620 Managing Complex Projects
- BU.610.630 Insurance and Risk Management
- BU.330.780 Data Science and Business Intelligence
- BU.520.701 Special Topics in Risk Management
- BU.231.720 Corporate Governance
Students who complete this program between May 2017 and August 2017 are eligible to continue their studies in a complementary new area with Carey's Second Degree Option. More information is available on the Second Degree Option page.
For Academic Year 2017-2018
|Tuition||Application FEE||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
|Full-Time||$66,500 (for entire 12-month program)||$100||$500||$0||$0|
|Part-Time||$1,330 per credit||$100||$250||$0||$0|
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee: $250
- Late Payment Fee: $250
- Returned Check Fee: $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee: $75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee: 25% of the outstanding debt
Our Career Development team is committed to providing opportunities for you to build professional skills and competencies that are essential for success in the career search.
Graduates of the MS in Enterprise Risk Management have gone on to start or advance their careers in operations and logistics. Employers have included:
- General Motors
- International Monetary Fund
- Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Proctor & Gamble
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers (PwC)
- U.S. Department of Defense
The most recent MS in Enterprise Risk Management career data is available here.
#Of Students: 43
Avg GMAT: 659
Countries Represented: 7