A new way.
Discover the new way in business education: integrated, interdisciplinary, and global. The Johns Hopkins Global MBA redefines the way you look at business education. Our flagship courses, Innovation for Humanity and Discovery to Market, encourage students to use business fundamentals and a hands-on application of business skills to solve some of the most difficult problems facing society today.
Key Program Features:
- Two-year, 54-credit degree program
- Strong focus on impact and accountability of business to society
- Small cohort size allows for personalized attention from faculty and career staff as well as opportunities for networking and relationship building with fellow students
Business can be better.
While we teach the fundamentals of business, we strive to expose students to something much bigger. Through flagship courses like Innovation for Humanity and Discovery to Market, we challenge students to put their business skills to work to solve some of the most difficult problems facing society today.
Innovation for Humanity
- Use business learning, individual skills, and collaborative thinking to gain valuable experience and tackle real-life challenges
- Intensive 3-week international residency experience
- Small team project planning, data analysis and reporting
Discovery to Market
- Work alongside inventors, scientists, and entrepreneurs to transform an emerging technology from brand new to new brand
- Collaborate with students and faculty from other schools within the Johns Hopkins University to assess societal value of new discoveries and innovative technologies
- Develop a detailed plan for bringing discoveries to market—and profitability
In the middle of it all.
Located in the state-of-the-art Legg Mason Tower overlooking Baltimore’s thriving Harbor East neighborhood, the Global MBA program offers students the opportunity to interact with business leaders from around the region, while taking advantage of the nationally-renowned fine dining, entertainment, and retail spots.
More importantly, Baltimore’s close proximity to Washington, D.C., and New York City offers students easy access to government and international institutions like the IMF, World Bank, U.S. Congress, and the United Nations, as well as Fortune 500 companies and Wall Street.
Study with a diverse group of students.
|Program||Total Students||Average Age||% Female||% Male||% Domestic||% International|
Courses are designed to give students a firm foundation in business best practices—a balanced mix of core studies, theory, ethics, and entrepreneurship. Students learn in cohorts, working collaboratively with peers from different backgrounds and cultures to master and apply skills.
Global MBA students’ coursework includes two flagship courses, Innovation for Humanity and Discovery to Market. In these programs, students apply what they’ve learned in class to solve real-life challenges—and make a real-world difference. More than tests, these courses are the ultimate barometers of a student’s readiness to succeed in almost any business environment.
- Quantitative Methods: Statistics
- Financial Resources I and II
- People and Markets I and II
- Competitive Strategy
- Solving Organizational Problems:
- Collaboration, Evidence, and Experimentation
- Operations Management
- Managerial Decision Behavior I and II
- Innovation for Humanity Project
- Management of Technology
- Financial Modeling and Valuation
- Discovery to Market Project
- Networked Organizations
- Thought and Discourse Seminars:
- Ethical Leadership
- Strategic Communication
- Governance and Accountability
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial Businesses
- Health Care Management
- Real Estate and Infrastructure
Students who complete an MBA between May 2014 and August 2015 are eligible to continue their studies in a complementary new area with Carey's Second Degree Option. More information is available on the Second Degree Option website.
|Tuition (AY 2016-2017)||Application Fee||Matriculation Fee||Registration Per Semester||Graduation Fee|
(for one year of two-year program)
All fees are nonrefundable.
- Late Registration Fee –$250
- Late Payment Fee – $250
- Returned Check Fee – $35
- Payment Plan Termination Fee –$75
- Delinquent Account Collection Fee – 25% of the outstanding debt
We offer a variety of financial aid programs, including scholarships, loans, and work study opportunities.
Learn about the program.
- Request more information on our Global MBA Program. It’ll also give you an opportunity for you to introduce yourself to us.
- Review the Global MBA admission requirements. It’s a checklist of all materials you’ll need to submit.
- For international applicants, please read these specific instructions. You’ll find important information related to financial aid, housing, visas, and more
- Connect with Admissions. It’s the perfect opportunity to learn more about the Carey Business School, and the DC-Baltimore region.
Apply to the program.
- Review our application dates. Select the application period that’s most convenient for you. Please note that you may not apply more than once per year.
- Organize all application materials. This includes official transcripts, resume, essay, letters of recommendation, any necessary test scores, and application fees.
- Submit your online application.
- View our frequently asked questions. If you have additional questions, don’t hesitate to contact us at 410-234-9220 or email@example.com